Among The ...

EDIT: 4/25/24 . This was originally published in 2020, the writing is not that good. Please keep that in mind as you read.

have you ever read "Among the hidden" in school? Well this is gonna be a lot better.

You spend your time reading books on various subjects, but mostly history and philosophy. You also start to learn about the different races of men. It's actually quite interesting how they all think and live differently from each other, so much that it would take an encyclopedia to explain everything!

> You, Luke sat inside in your attic room, doing nothing as usual, he just wants to get out! He cannot wait from the risk, he is not quiet anymore. "Luke!" His mother called. "Breakfast!"

You sit up quickly and grab your book. You are hungry, but you don't want to eat anything too rotten or nasty.

> "No, thanks mom. I'm not hungry." He often thinks people should eat, not him, they would be better off without him. Mom muttered something and walked away from Luke.

Mom was right, you are not hungry. You have been living here for years now and you still haven't eaten any food. The only thing you do eat is what the family eats every day. That's why when you hear the door open, you rush to go see who it could be.

> You're taking the risk, no more shy Luke. A brunette/dirty blonde stand right before him. "Hey~ what's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Luke." He answered.
"Oh, nice to meet you." She said.
He didn't reply back, he just stood there with his mouth hanging open. This girl had a very pretty face, but she looked like she was going to cry at any moment.

> "I'm.. Jen. Jennifer Rose Talbot.." as she blabbing on about how she is and why she came here, Luke's mouth was still hanging open. How did she know that? His name! The audacity! The boldness she hold. "Anyways" Jen stated. "I heard about you, just a little bit but not a lot, you will have to tell me along the way." Luke always took risks. Of course he would take this one. "I will." He said.

Jen smiled. "Well, let's go then." She said and left.
You were so surprised by her words that you couldn't speak, you just stared at her for a while until she left.

> You walked after her, she got in her car. "Hop in!" She exclaimed. Luke did, it was warmer than a dessert in there. "Oh sorry," she said "it gets hot here during the summer, yknow the weather. All that doodah." Luke nodded. And they Drive away.

The rest of the day went by in silence. They never spoke again.

Later that night, you woke up, and felt cold. Your body was shivering uncontrollably. You tried to move, but your limbs wouldn't work properly and you fell back asleep again.

> "I-I need to see her." Luke tried to get up. But couldn't. He tried and tried but failed. Where is the Luke Garner that wasn't afraid? Now a sly boy with no troubles on his shoulders? He got up and stumbled towards the door. There Jen was again. "Let's go, you didn't get to say much to me yesterday." Luke nodded again. He was flabbergasted with flustering, blushing all over her.

"Come on, we can talk later. Let's go to bed."

They both got into the bed and fell asleep.

> They woke up. Kids don't have a good attention spam after all. So they struggled. Luke finally got over his stage fright and told her everything, he was a illegal, he wants to take risks! He wouldn't fail her like he did in the past! He promised. "Hm.. alright, Luke you got yourself a deal, I'm your ticket out" she winked and they got out of the bed.

She drove them to the house where she lived alone. She explained everything about the place and what she wanted to do there. She even showed him some pictures of her home, which made him feel really happy.