25.

˗ˏˋ " just let faith do it's thing

˗ˏˋ " just let faith do it's thing. " 'ˎ˗

in aurora's eyes, chicago was an amazing city. despite the very high crime rate and all.. other than that, it was beautiful.

the the tall buildings you look up to see when you're walking the streets of downtown. there was the river walk, which was her favorite place to be, just waking around and watching the water.

navy pier, with the ferris wheel in all its glory, the museums, aquariums, along lake michigan. stadiums, ball parks, her favorite being wrigley field.

everything felt so nostalgic, flooding her brain with old memories.

aurora knocks on her aunt, mary's front door, and the door swung open to see a little boy who seemed no older than six.

it was her cousin, she smiles and opens her arms, "hey joey!"

the boy furrows his eyebrows as her aunt comes walks behind him, immediately bringing aurora into a hug.

"aurora! you're so grown now! you make me feel so old." she sighs.

they walk into the house, aurora pulling her luggage, she chuckles, "it's been forever."

"yeah, two years maybe?"

"wow, it's been that long? the last time i saw joey, i could have sworn he would babble about god knows what.." she laughed.

her aunt smiles, "yeah, joey say hi to your cousin don't be rude."

he nervously waddles over, aurora kneels down and hugs him.

"you've gotten so big joey!"

"uh huh, do you want to see my car collection?" he asked with a big smile.

aurora nods, "of course i'll be there in a sec i'm just going to talk to your mom alright?"

joey nods as he speeds to his room, mary smiles as she sits down on the couch, aurora taking a seat beside her.

"so how's everything sweetheart? are you doing good..?" mary asked, subtly hinting about carolyn.

"yeah, i miss ma of course. but i don't like to let it take over me you know.. because ma wouldn't want me to be so sad about it.." aurora sighed, thinking about the dream she had previously. "she's in a better place now, and that's all that matters."

mary nods, with a half smile, "you've gotten far aurora, she would be proud."

to which she just smiles weakly, mary asks, "on a lighter note, have you found your prince charming yet?"

aurora chuckles, god how much i want to slap spencer.

"it's complicated.." she sighed.

mary furrowed her eyebrows, "how so?"