𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | GRADUATION

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

GRADUATION DAY WAS THE DAY THAT MOST HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS LONGED FOR. The day that they officially left highschool and transitioned to college—which in turn would open up a world of possibilities for them. Unsurprisngly, Mick hadn't really been apart from Klara since his return. He wanted to be there for her while he could— or at least until Bonnie put the vial to the Other Side back up. 

Music roared through the Salvatore House at Lexi and Klara danced without a care in the world, while Stefan and Mick sat on one of the couches drinking bourbon from a bottle each. "Do you mind?" Damon wandered into the parlor with an unreadable expression on his face. The music was obnoxously loud, Stefan and Mick were drinking the house dry and he was bored of hearing them.

The youngest Salvatore pulled the bottle of bourbon from his lips and offered it in his brother's direction. "Damon, come help me celebrate my seventeenth high school graduation." Damon rolled his eyes, stepped forward and turned off the music. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course."

Klara stopped dancing with the blonde and narrowed her eyes toward Damon. "Yeah, didn't you kill her?" 

The vampire immediately sped forward, grabbed hold of Damon's throat and pushed him against the wall. "What's up, Buzzkill?"

"Stefan, Klara, are you two just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" A strained voice echoed from Damon's throat as he watched sit on the arm of the couch, beside Stefan.

"You reap what you sow, buddy."

"Let's be very clear. Whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?" Lexi snapped, her grip tightened around his throat.

"Yeah, got you." He breathed a sigh of relief as Lexi took a step away from him. "So, if you, Mick, Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that vial up and here you four are having Dance Party U.S.A." Damon glanced to Mick. "Aren't you a little old to be partying with a bunch of high schoolers."

"Aren't you older than me, Damon?" Mick tilted his head to the lift, and Damon clamped his mouth shut immediately. "I actually am here to spend my last few semi-living moments with my daughter before I get forced back onto the Other Side for all eternity. Is that so wrong?"

"He would much prefer us all to be sacrificing our own happiness for the good of others." Stefan rolled his eyes, took another sip of his drink and gasped. "I should be upstairs grooming my hero hair."

"Definitely doesn't need any grooming." Klara chuckled lightly as her hand ran through her boyfriend's locks.

Damon raised an eyebrow toward his brother. "Are you drunk?"