26.

˗ˏˋ " reminder that i luv you the most my ray of sunshine

˗ˏˋ " reminder that i luv you the most my ray of sunshine. " 'ˎ˗

it had been a few days aurora was still in chicago, and she was planning on leaving today.

she was staying in a guest bedroom of her aunts house, and waking up she see's multiple calls from spencer and a text;

rory please answer my calls. :(

aurora sighs as she read that text, and so she did. she answers the next call that he made.

spencer was caught off guard, not expecting for her to actually answer.

"oh- rory.. i'm sorry. im so sorry for lying it wasn't right."

she frowns, she had missed the sound of his voice. she didn't even realizing she was being so quiet until spencer snapped her out of her trance.

"hello?"

her eyes widen, "oh yeah, i'm here.."

spencer sighs, "i'm so sorry rory.."

he sounded genuinely upset, and he seemed to mean his apology.

"why'd you lie spence.. there was obviously a reason for it.."

he clears his throat, "i was going to tell you this in person but either way you deserve to know.."

aurora could feel her heart beat out of her chest, "what?"

"i uhm.. before you, there was this girl, cat adams. she and i, we had something. she's dangerous, and she has no idea that i have a girlfriend, and if she did, she wouldn't take it well. and she asked for me to meet her, and go on a date wit her. and she kissed me and i had to pretend to have been enjoying it.. because if i didn't, she would find out.."

aurora's stomach drops, her mouth open in awe.

* cue moral of the story because.. YIKES. *

"so you cheated on me."

spencer stutters, "n-no! i would never. rory please you have to understand.."

"no, i understand pretty clearly. this is bullshit spencer! i trusted you! you went behind my back and made me look so fucking stupid."

his eyes started to water, don't let go rory, please.

"i'm sorry.."

she takes a breath trying not to cry, "i cant- i can't with you spencer.. i don't want your apology. i told you about xavier, and you promised you wouldn't.."

aurora couldn't describe how she felt, other than she felt as if her heart was just ripped out of her chest. she had to wanted to sob, how could you not?

"aurora, i love you.."

and that's when she broke, tears ran down her face.

there was silence, until his voice went soft, "just talk to me. please."

she gulps, trying to catch her breath. "leave me alone."

"don't leave me aurora.."

she bites her lip, trying to hold back from more tears coming. "bub, this is breaking my heart.."

aurora let's herself cry as she tries to talk, "i don't want to let go spence.."

despite the two being at a, to say the least, rocky part of their relationship right now, she still talked to him as she would. mostly because he was her best friend, not only just her boyfriend.

spencer on the other line, began to cry.

he sniffles, "then don't, please don't. i don't want to lose you."

"but why would you do that? why? why. why.."

"i had no choice rory.. please try to understand that. cat isn't someone i want you to interfere with, because i know it won't end well."

aurora couldn't even bare how he did such a thing, "i'm sorry i just can't. you won't have to worry about me anymore."

"rory please, don't do this. i don't want to lose you. not you. out of all people i can't lose you."

"bye spencer."

"bu-"

he began, but aurora hung up. she felt her body just go numb, like she just wanted to crawl into a ball and just never have to get up.

aurora looks down at her necklace, she frowns, her vision starting to blur with her tears.

she lays down and sobs into the pillow.

to think that spencer had done such a thing, still couldn't process in her head. it was almost a nightmare that she desperately wanted to wake up from. in hopes of being in his arms when she wakes up.

but this wasn't her imagination playing tricks on her. it was reality.

she heard her phone buzz, looking over to see penelope texted her;

reminder that i luv you the most my ray of sunshine. <3

she smiles weakly.

as for spencer, he frustratedly slammed his phone next to him. he just wanted this to all go away, and he had wished he had never made a deal with cat.

he never mentioned the "deal" with anybody, mostly because he couldn't. it consisted of doing whatever cat wanted, for a year, it came about when he promised he would do anything to make up for the time he was always gone.

and that's what cat wanted, the year mark is coming closer and spencer couldn't wait til it was over.

but as for cat, she was just getting started.

a/n
SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT
CHAPTER BUT 10K READS?!?
y'all- bye. 🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️
you guys are also so sweet and
just AGH thank you 🥺😔😔😔😔
hope you enjoyed tho
:)