Redfinch//Protaganist pt 1

Albert and Race are probably the closest duo in the whole lodging house. (Minus the Twins)

Race has the top bunk of their bed, and would jump off it sometimes. Albert woud just watch him injure himself and then he would call Jack over and Jack would be like:
"If he jumped off the bed I swear to fucking God Al-"

But Race could tell all the time what Albert was thinking, so he understood why everytime Finch would walk past or come near, Albert would stay quiet and wide eyed. He would smile a smile when he left that was a mixture of awe and sadness that hes not his.
He only blushed when Finch talked to him, and would stumble with his word.

Race never confronted Albert about it. But he didnt need to.

Finch headed out one day and Albert, started fidgeting, he looked very upset.
"What's wrong?" Race asked him, sitting beside him on the bed,
"Finch...I really like him...I really do..."
"Well, sweetie, you should talk to hi-"
"-I cant." Albert interrupted
"Why?"
"He can get anybody he likes, and I cant take rejection...feeling unwanted."
"Rejection has a 50% chance of happening."
"80, even 90 I cant speak to him."
"Why dont you try?" Race elbowed his friend,
But Albert stayed quiet.
"I'll make fun of you if you dont."

Albert sighed, "I'll try."
Race was so excited, he hugged Albert tightly.

That evening, Albert was at the sinks, not to get anything, but Finch was there and, better then never.

We was so nervous he felt like he was gonna throw up. He didnt want to seem desperate, but he really does want this. Finch is such a nice guy, and very charming. He had a crush on him for a while.

No homo, but Albert and Race would sometimes just cuddle together and night, and he would want to know what it would feel like if he was just held like this by the boy he hoped loved him.

Albert went to the sink next to the one Finch was using to clean his slingshot.
"Hey." Finch smiled,
"Hi."
"How was selling?"
"What am I supposed to say? That it was good? We are doing labour for almost nothing, idiot."
"Jeez, I'm just asking, why are you being so rude to me?" Finch raised an eyebrow,
"Maybe I'm rude to everyone, but you dont notice because you self centred. Get over yourself, you are no better then anyone else."

Albert was so nervous he wasnt saying the right things, he was scare his words were gonna come out dry, so he made them mean.
Finch didnt seem to get upset by this as he turned to look at Albert, arms crossed, "If you have nothing nice to say, dont say it."
Albert let out a sigh,
Finch pursed his lips "Unless you do have something nice to say?"
Albert breathed in, "Um, I was wondering if...tommorow, after selling, you'd like to, go to central park, just...just you and me?"

Albert's heart was racing, he was looking down, but Finch lifted his chin up so Albert look at him, he placed his thumb lightly on Albert's lips. "Thats funny, I thought I was an idiot..."

Albert cringed at his own words, looking back on the ground as Finch continued, "and self centred..."
Albert hat tears forming, he ruined his chance, his only chance, he wont be able to look at Finch ever again. He couldn't blame anything but himself.
"...And I thought i-"
Albert pushed his hand away, "Ok, I get it." He left for his bunk.

Later that evening, Albert found himself in tears, silently crying, he could only blame himself, nobody else. He was gonna end today without a date and losing a nice guy as a friend. Nobody noticed him, but Race was doing a flip down from his bunk and saw Albert.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Race whispered, sympathetically.
Albert shook his head, so Race got him on his feet and took him outside.

Finch saw Race take Albert outside, and was wondering if he was ok. He felt really bad and wanted to check on him but it was probably better to leave him alone with Race, he could talk to him later.

Outside, Race asked again "What's wrong?"
Albert broke down and put his arms around his friend shoulders and Race held him protectively, "...Is this about Finch?"
Albert nodded.
"Did he say no?"
"Not exactly...but...I got so nervous I just started being mean to him instead."
Race was compeletly understanding "Aw...I'm sorry, I knew how much you liked him, maybe you can try again."
Albert shook his head.
Race thought "Maybe I can talk to him."
"No." Albert pulled away, wiping his tears.
"I'll leave you alone, take a deep breath, I'll be there when you come back."
Albert nodded thankful he had such a great friend.

Race left and Albert sat down on the bottom steps.

Back inside the lodging house, Finch came up to Race "Hey, is Albie ok?"
Race looked at him, oh shit, he, right then right now can make everything better, he just has to choose the right words, he cant fuck this up.
"Dont know, you can check up on him yourself." He walked away, ok, well this can go horribly.

Finch just looked at him and headed outside. He saw Albert, who was quiet and deep in thought. He sat besides him, "Hey."
Albert flinched "...hey..."
Finch kindly tucked a strand of Albert's hair behind his ear. The way Albert blushed made Finch he smiled in awe. But Albert just said "I get it you already said no..."
"I didnt."
"Well, you didnt say yes."
"You didnt let me."
Albert bit his lip.
"Do you still want to go out tomorrow?" Finch asked softly.
Albert looked at him then nodded shyly,
"Then that's what we'll do, and I'm looking forward to it." He kissed the top of Albert's head before going back inside.

And Albert could not stop smiling.