Before School

"BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!"

You let out a tired groan, burying your face deeper into your pillow. Your hand reached out, hitting the wood of your bedside table, looking for a snooze button.

"BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!"

Where was it coming from? You asked yourself as all you could feel was the flat wood surface. Finally, you lifted your head with your eyes still half shut - as you thought, your phone had fallen on the floor during the night. At this point, you were fully awake as you turned off the alarm. MONDAY, 7:00 was on your home screen above a reminder: SCHOOL STARTS TODAY.

You hesitantly got out of bed, your bedroom floor was cold now that summer was over. You put on your pachimari slippers, went downstairs and ate a quick breakfast. Once eaten, you went back to your bedroom and put on your Overwatch High uniform. The shirt was white with the school's insignia on your left-breast pocket and you had a choice of either dark grey pants or an orange skirt, the same shade as the logo.

Once dressed, you picked up your backpack and headed out the door, making your way towards the school bus stop which was only a short walk away - or at least you thought.

You were following directions on your mobile phone, but you were unfamiliar with the area. You and your family had just moved here and you had been given a lift to the school when you first enrolled. "What's wrong with this thing? The GPS is telling me to go down a street that's on the other side of the city!" You thought to yourself, locking and unlocking your phone to see if it would restart the app.

As you continued walking, you heard electronic music in the distance which was progressively getting louder. It wasn't long until you realised the sound was coming from behind you - you turned around and saw someone in the same uniform coming towards you. You watched for a moment, quickly realising that this figure was rollerblading instead of walking.

"Hey!" You called out, hoping that they would be able to give you some directions towards the bus stop - but the male figure rolled past you, not hearing you as he had headphones on

"Hey!" You called out, hoping that they would be able to give you some directions towards the bus stop - but the male figure rolled past you, not hearing you as he had headphones on. Since there was no way for you to get to the bus stop on time, you decided that you would run, following the music. He was hard to keep up with, sometimes losing him around corners - fortunately, the music was loud enough so you didn't lose the way. You had been running for a while now, you were breathless and red in the face. Thank goodness you were wearing sneakers.

Finally, you were starting to see other students in the same uniform all walking in the same direction, assuming they were heading to the school. You could stop running now, giving you the opportunity to catch your breath. The boy you had followed had now disappeared in the crowd going through the huge metal school gates.