Afterwords

Zoey climbs back onto the spaceship, tears in her eyes as she runs to her room. She lets her tears go and sobs into the bed still in her flowing dress. She just got back from Washes funeral. She was depressed and sat alone. Inara knocked at the door and Zoey looked up trying to suck in her tears. "May I come in?" Inara whispered in a motherly voice. Zoey shrugged and went back to crying. Inara walked in and sat next to the depressed Zoey. Zoey looked up from her grieving. Inara patted her back very carefully, because she is afraid that Zoey would break her arm off being an assassin. Inara whispered into Zoey's ear something which made her stop crying, she looked up and hugged her, Inara was in shock but still put her arms around her and hugged her. Mal walked in on this "Inara, once you are done whoring I need to talk." He said in a controlling voice. She left Zoey and before exiting she turned to Mal "You will never call me a whore or mock me Malcolm Reynolds." She said and then stormed off to her shuttle. "Whats her problem?" Mal asked. Zoey got up tears still rushing from her eyes." She ran out of the room. Mal stood there and looked blankly at the floor, then left.

Simon and Kaylee were in her room sitting next to each other talking and laughing together. They heard a knock and stopped, Mal shouted from outside "Simon, wheres your sister?" He immediately jumped up leaving Kaylee. She pouted about him leaving, then got up and looked in her closet. Her eyes perked up with an idea, she quickly got out of her room and ran to Inara's shuttle. She opened the door without knocking filled with joy as always, she hugged Inara and said "Lets play dress up." She said, she loved her clothes but they weren't as elaborate and beautiful as Inara's. Inara laughed and pulled some outfits out, Kaylee grabbed one and quickly changed into it and twirled around with glee in the beautiful dress. Inara laughed as Kaylee got her up and started dancing in circles. Inara looked at her and asked "Would you like me to wash your face.". She nodded with delight and sat down. Inara washed her face and brushed her hair, they were clearly the best of friends. Kaylee stood up and told Inara "Be right back." She ran to Simons room and knocked on his door he answered and she smiled, his mouth agape never seeing Kaylee so beautiful, "You look great" he staggered. They kissed and then Kaylee took him down to cargo bay him behind her, they laughed and then stopped, intruders were in cargo bay. They looked at them and the supposed leader raised his gun pointed toward the young couple.