I Do!!

Alex's pov-

Today is finally the day, I don't have to face the anxiety and excitement of having to cancel down dates on the calendar anymore. I'm finally getting married. My palms are sweating and I'm a nervous wreck on the inside but I'm also happy. I know that nothing can make me happier right now than marrying the love of my life.

Elijah and I met 3 years ago and it was love at first sight, or at least it was for me. He was tall, handsome and kind. I just couldn't help myself. Elijah looks at me and smiles and I smile back at him, seeing him now with his blue tuxedo and his hair gelled back reminds me of the first time we both met. He was in a hurry to get to his office and I was in a rush to get to school.
I had spent the night before organizing my notes and marking the students work and lost track of time. I remember feeling all kinds of frustration when I found out I was late again that morning, Mr Ahmed the school principal was already at my throat with threats of cutting my pay because of my tardiness. So when I crossed the road that fine winter morning the only thing I was thinking about was an excuse to give to Mr Ahmed. I didn't see Elijah's car coming so I was hit.

“Fuck!” I silently cursed to myself when my body made a hard contact with the ground. Elijah who had now pulled his car over by the roadside ran to my side and knelt beside me.

“Are you alright?” he asked with concern written all over his face. I nod because for some strange reason I had forgotten how to speak.

“Are you sure? Your face looks red, I could take you to the hospital.”

“i-i-i'm fine,” I said, trying to lift myself up. I winced when I felt a sharp pain in my left leg and he instantly wrapped his arm around my waist.

“I'm taking you to the hospital,” he announced. The proximity between us had turned my body into a flustered mess.

He drove me to the hospital and handed me his business card when the Doctor came to attend to me, “sorry I can't stay with you. I'm in a rush. But you know call me if anything goes wrong or you know just call me,” he flashed me with his million dollar smile and I giggled, fucking giggled like a teenage girl.

“Sure, I'll call to tell you if any of my bones are broken,” I flirted shamelessly with the stranger.

I did just as I told him a week after we met. After days of pondering, I called him. We went for a drink, then dinner, then a date, kissed on the second date, then a third date, a few dates later and we decided to make it official. Two years after we started dating Elijah decided it was time to meet the family. I mean we'd met each other's family already but everybody thought we were just friends. I remember how enraged mom was when I told her that Elijah was my boyfriend who was about to become my fiance. She swore she'd never give us her blessings but she's here today with a smile on her face and that gives me Joy.

We're handed our rings, “The rings that are given to each other symbolizes an unending circle, which represents the unbroken love this couple share. The gold rings are made from a pure substance, symbolizing the purity of their love for each other,” the minister says.

Elijah takes me by my hand and gently slides the ring on my finger, “My dear Alex, I promise to always be by your side, support you and always love you from now until the day we die, we may go through rough times but I promise to never let go of your hand.”

I do the same for Elijah and slide the ring on his finger, “Elijah from the moment I saw you I knew I wanted you to be my forever. And whenever I'm with you everything seems right. I promise to stand by you in every situation, through all the ups and the downs. I love you.” I say staring into his eyes.

The minister clears his throat, “do you Elijah Davis take Alex Williams as your lawfully wedded partner?”

“I DO,” Elijah says without hesitation.

“And do you Alex Williams take Elijah Davis as your lawfully wedded partner?”

I DO.”

“You may now kiss,” the minister says and Elijah takes me by my waist, pulls me in and pressed his soft rosy lips on mine. . . He tasted like strawberries, I loved it.

Finally we're married. Today the sky is bright, the warm summer sun is up, the birds are chirping and I'm happy, I'm very happy. Elijah takes my hand in his and we walk down the aisle heading outside where a car was waiting for us. We ignored some of the strange glances we were getting. I mean who cares if we're both men?

Love is love, that's all that matters.