16.

Chapter 16.

Xavier sat me down on his small two seater couch and I almost swooned at his touch on my shoulders as he moved me.

"You just sit here while I get everything ready." He stated. He looked down at me and once I was sat comfortable, he nodded, smiled and went back to the oven.

To tell you I was shocked was an understatement.

As I sat there looking at the same walls as I had in my room, I couldn't help but revel in the fact that Xavier was doing this, for me. It was so surreal and completely unlike him.

It squeezed my heart in the bestest of ways.

I was speechless, utterly and completely speechless.

"Now I know what you're thinking." Xavier said as he came back to where I was seated.

"What am I thinking?" I asked. I wasn't thinking, in fact, I didn't know what I was doing, I just knew it felt right, it felt good.

"That this is not what you'd expect, I know I'm not the most romantic person you've ever seen, hell, I didn't think I even knew what the word meant, but you were mad at me for brushing you off so coldly earlier and I just wanted you to know that I didn't mean anything by it and that this is my way of making it up to you." Xavier explained. I just looked to him dumbly. Speechless.

"Thank you, you didn't have to go through so much trouble." I stated. He really didn't. But I was grateful and so very happy he was.

"I wanted to." He replied before flicking the towel around his shoulder again and going back to the kitchen.

Suddenly, a phone started ringing in the room. It resonated from every wall and snapped me out of my state much quicker than I thought.

Xavier moved off to grab the thing with what looked like a confused expression plastered on his face. It looked as if he didn't know who and why someone would be calling him.

"Hello?" He sounded unsure. Soon, his confused expression turned to one of deflation and anger and before I could hear anymore, he walked into his bathroom so I couldn't hear a word.

I didn't know what was going on, so I just sat there day dreaming and staring off into space.

What was Xavier doing? Who was he talking to?

I shook my head. It was none of my business. I didn't need to know.

I really liked Xavier, I felt so much attraction to him it was un real even for me. I had never felt this way with anyone before, I didn't think you could feel this way towards someone. But I did.

He wasn't perfect, I wasn't perfect. But the fact is, Xavier tried, he tried because he wanted to make me happy.

When I first met Xavier, I was a bit pushy, a bit annoying, but Xavier had grown to like me and come accustomed to me. And I was hoping he liked me just as much as I liked him.

I hope he felt attracted to me.

I had finally realised Xavier had been in that bathroom for more than ten minutes. I was still tapping my feet across the floorboards and drumming my finger across the arm rest.

I could smell the food so prominently now, it smelt amazing and I couldn't wait to see what tonight brought for me and Xavier.

Underneath it all, Xavier was a good man. Just overly misunderstood.

After another five minutes, Xavier came barreling out of the bathroom and straight to the oven.

"Xavier?" I asked as he ran. Next thing I knew, I saw black smoke coming from the oven and I heard a large clatter of the plate onto the floor.