Don't Deny It

The rain was hitting against the windows of UA academy. Being a teacher of bright-eyed and hopeful teenage students made the days pass by as you once shared their same passion. Though, their overpowering energy was enough to take the wind out of any teacher's sails. Often more times than not, you and your fellow teacher, Shoto Aizawa would converse about this. As you lost yourself in your thoughts, watching the torrential downpour threaten the thin glass of the windows, Aizawa took your attention away from the outside world.

"It's going to be another storm." He said quietly, taking his mug from the table.

You took yourself away from the window, looking around the conference room. It had the best view in the entire school, and made it easy to see just how cruel the winds were acting. You wondered if you should even bother going back home, considering the breeze might just kill you on your way to the train station. Though once you got to the train, you'd be safe-- it was a toss up.

A sigh left your lips, "It's getting dangerous out there, I don't know if I should try going back to my place."

His gaze was pulled in by the rain hitting the thin wall dividing you and the outdoors, yet he broke his focus to look at your worried face. "You could get hurt." Aizawa looked at you with a hint of fear in his eyes, partially wishing you'd stay. He himself was not sure if he would even bother returning home, so of course he was worried about you trying.

"Let's turn on the news, and see what they have to say," you then approach the wall of a large television, methodically pressing buttons on the remote. The screen crackled to life, and met with a newscaster within the middle of a sentence.

"...and continued rain will lead to more flooding. We'll keep you posted on any important announcements." The news reporter looked as exhausted as you were, but still seemed to bring on a spirit of caution.

For a moment you jolt back, "Flooding? God, this isn't good. Are you going to go home Aizawa?"

He gave you a glance, before turning back to the TV. "I don't think so."

You nodded in agreement, perhaps it was for the best that you would stay at the school as well; you began to brainstorm where the best place to sleep in the giant academy would be. The news lady continued to speak, but the fear that warned over you made her pitched voice fade into a static. Breaking the bland string of words the news reporter sang, Aizawa stood up and let out a heavy sigh, "Let's go to the teacher's lounge, at least they have chairs that aren't as uncomfortable as these."

Following his tail like a puppy dog, you both navigated your way throughout the labyrinth of halls. A low rumble then echoed through the walkways, causing you to bring your arms into a small hug on your sides. "I hate thunder, I wish it would just stop. It's shaking the school."

Aizawa brushed into a shrug before turning to pat your shoulder in an attempt of comforting you. You both knew you'd be safe in the school, but that couldn't suppress your fear of thunder.

After journeying through the maze of classrooms and entrances, you were greeted by the teacher's lounge, and sat across from each other in two armchairs. Aizawa took out his phone and started tapping on it. Though he was reserved, the way he quickly typed made it seem as if he was also nervous. For a moment you thought to text your boyfriend, All Might, but you realized you had left your phone elsewhere. The academy had a very strict rule on cell phones, so you were sure to always leave yours behind. This may have been the one time that doing what you're told had wronged you, but you found comfort that Shouta had broken the rules to keep his device. Besides, you were positive Yagi was blowing up your phone with concerned voicemails, and so sometimes it felt nice to leave your phone at home anyway.