see her again

a/n: TO CLARIFY! this is modern day, and etheria is a neutral college ran by angella! everyone is reverted completely into human form (catra loses her physical cat attributes, rogelio is a human, scorpia loses her tail and claws) the friends are separated into their groups, adora, glimmer, bow, seahawk, mermista, and perfuma and then there is catra, scorpia, lonnie, entrapta, and wrong hordak. the groups do not know each other in the start except adora and scorpia ! and with that- enjoy!
——————————————

catra let out a grunt at the sudden thump of a heavy hand on her hoodie clad back. she turned around with a hard glare before craning her head up to see scorpia grinning down at her.

"hey wildcat!" the taller greeted, removing her strong hand from her back.

catra nodded in response. she popped her shoulder up for a moment to readjust her lazily hanging backpack strap from falling off her right arm.

"are you coming to tonight's game?" scorpia inquired with a never ending enthusiasm.

"i dunno- are we getting food after?" she replied with nonchalance. she already knew she was going to the game, but she wasn't gonna start going soft. she had missed scorpias last three football games to study and she knew scorpia pretended to not care. but again. couldnt risk getting soft- even on her closest friend.

"of course! you know-"

before scorpia could go on her usual tangent- catra stopped her.

"cool. then I'll go," she continued walking with scorpia on their usual route to lonnies class to meet up with the others, her vans quietly meeting the pavement.

without missing a beat scorpia broke out into an even bigger smile.

her rambling went on as catra nodded absentmindedly, leaning against the wall as they waited for lonnie and the rest to appear from the double doors of the building.

with a sudden bang of the doors leaving their still position- scorpia greeted the three with eagerness.

kyle and rogelio interlocked hands as they walked down, lonnie in between scorpia and catra who slinked by the end- entrapta staring at her phone at the other end.

"are you guys coming to the game?" scorpia piped up, glancing over at the new three.

catra once again tuned out as they replied with their expected, scattered and overly worded versions of "yes".

she was picking at a loose strand of thread from her ripped blue jeans before her head shot up at the mention of her name.

"oh- catras going to the game?" kyle perked up, eyes widening as his excitement became visible on his face.

"yeah? and?" catra asked with a bite to her tone.

the smaller boy nearly shrunk in response, but his eagerness helped him recompose himself.

"well, I've been meaning to ask if you would be interested in joining photography. we could really use you! our main sports photographer is losing momentum and I've seen how good you are. tonight can be used as a test trial! I'll show you how we do it because I'm filling in for him anyways," kyle rambled with haste, a slight intonation of hope seeping through his fast pace.

the group had begun huffing as they lost patience- rogelio ruffling his boyfriends hair as a sign to stop.

catra opened her mouth to reply before shutting it. with a quirk of her eyebrow, she slowly grinned.

"sure," she replied as casual as ever, running a hand through her untamed hair.

the group gaped, each with an expression of their own disbelief- even entrapta snapping up from her gadgets to state wide eyed and catra.