Moving

I yawn a bit as I glance at the clock. Two minutes till we leave this class. The teacher hasn't realized that yet.

Everyone here is the same. You wear a shirt and some pants and maybe a hoodie. Most people have friends, but I'm a loner. I sit at the lunch table by myself and keep my own company.

My parents divorced when I was ten. I guess it just didn't work out. They never filled me in on the details.

But anyways, I live alone with my mom. She has a job at the coffee shop a few minutes away.

Now let's fast forward to now.

I'm sitting in the car, sighing.  We have to move into a little apartment since my mom lost her job.

She says she'll find a new one. One that will pay more. Her boss sucked anyway.

Pretty sure those are just excuses, that or your quoting some old movie.

The car pulls into the parking lot. We'll have to walk to our apartment.

I am so relieved that I found the elevator.  This place is a complete maze.

"Home sweet home," my mom says as she opens the door and walks inside. I follow.

"More like home, tiny, apartment." She sighs and shakes her head.

I walk to my room. It's small, obviously.  I flop myself down on to my bed.

The streets were filled with people that waved at us as we drove by. They didn't even know us.

I have a feeling that this place isn't for me.