"That's Ada's Hair!"

Thranduil picked up the Elfling and balanced him in the crook of his elbow.

"Greenleaf, Ada has some visitors from Imladris."

Legolas stared at him with bright blue eyes that held no worries. He tilted his head slightly and reached forwards to grab Thranduil's nose.

"Ai! Legolas! That's Ada's nose!"

"Trouble with the Elfling, Thranduil?"

Thranduil spun round to see who dare to address their King in such a disrespectful way and found himself face to face with Lord Elrond who was watching the Prince's antics with an amused expression.

"Aye, I guess you could say that..."

"May I?" Thranduil nodded and Elrond took Legolas in his own arms. "They are so innocent at this age... He will grow up to achieve great feats. You should be proud to have such a fine son, mellon-nin."

"I should be? I am, just as any father should be proud of their child." Thranduil gently traced circles on Legolas's palm, staring adoringly at his face.

"You have changed." Elrond stated, smiling slightly at the doting father.

"Would this child not change any father? Can you say Ada, my leaf?"

"Ada!" Legolas put out his arms and opened his hands. "Ada!"

Elrond laughed at Thranduil's face and placed the Prince back in his father's arms. "I think he wants his ada."

"Ada!" Legolas confirmed, clapping his hands together.

Thranduil smiled and used the ends of his long blonde hair to tease Legolas. The Prince wrinkled his nose and grabbed a handful of the hair, pulling on it.

"Ai!" The King gasped and leaned his head towards his son, trying to lessen the pain. "Ah!"

"Thrandy," The Queen Faerverenel glided elegantly down the staircase towards her son and husband. "You have a lot to learn about being a father."

Faerverenel glanced at Legolas who was not pulling his father's hair anymore and wrapped an arm around her husband's shoulders. She winked at Elrond who had noticed the same thing as her and tucked a few strands of loose hair behind her pointed ears.

"And the first thing you need to learn, is that hair is not a suitable meal for young Elflings."

"What?" He looked down at his son and gasped. "Legolas! That's Ada's hair!"