File 0: The Peak of Hope

"Now then! Let the meeting begin!!"

The sound of papers being shuffled is heard as those words are being shouted. Cups of coffee or water are placed in front of the attendances. While the majority are bears with their own intelligence, only a few humans looked rather comfortable since they are already used to the situation. This isn't the first time that they had this meeting.

At the head of the chair is a giant bear, big enough to be at someone's hip, sitting on a girls lap. It resembles the Yin-Yang symbol, of which there is a balance between two opposites in a way similar to a "flow". Its right side is white and has the classic expression of teddy bear; While its left side shows a more sinister appearance. It is black, has a red, horizontal, jagged eye that resembles the logo on the girl's handbag.

Although it is completely divided into two opposite sides, the only parts of the bear that are not affected by the division in its area are the snout and the belly, since both remain white. He also has a large, obvious belly button on the underside of his belly. His protruding navel has an "X" shaped mark on it.

"Since this year will a year filled with hope, I propose that the students have the time of their lives!" The bear announced having some of the members to glare at him, making him raise his white paw. "Oh, don't sweat it! I just meant it in a positive way...which sounds disgusting."

A member scratched his cheek sheepishly. He has spiky, desaturated brown hair with a prominent ahoge, and washed-out hazel eyes. He wears a zipped-up dull green hoodie with a red stripe along the zipper, an open black jacket with gold buttons over the hoodie, black jeans, and red sneakers with white toes. The hoodie has a logo of a red gas mask in a circle printed on the back of the hood, and the zipper goes all the way up to the top of the hood. He wears a pin shaped like a four-pointed star overlaid on a crescent moon; this is pinned to the lapel of his jacket.

"I'm rather glad you think so positive, Monokuma, but for better or worse I still can't trust your words," he so kindly sugar coated.

"Just say that you don't trust him!!" A girl shouted. She has long dark purple hair she keeps in two braids behind her, grey eyes and large wire-rimmed round glasses. Hidden by her long skirt are tally marks carved onto her upper thighs—which she did herself. outfit is a typical purple Japanese school uniform with a noticeably lengthy skirt compared to those worn by other girls. On the upper sleeves of her shirt is her Former High School symbol. Under her skirt are pairs of sharp scissors called "Geno-Scissors" kept in either their shared underwear or a strap on their right thigh. She also wears white socks and brown loafers. Her hair is loose with a ahoge sticking out.

"Calm down, Toko!" Another girl scolded lightly. She has short, dark brown hair with a tint of green, and desaturated green eyes. She also sports an ahoge, similar to that of her brother's, which developed as she grew. Overall, she is described as very plain-looking and "normal", which seems to be the same way people describe her brother. Her outfit is a sailor fuku with a white blouse, a red necktie, and a turquoise collar, line trim, and skirt. There's a school crest on the bottom right of the back of the collar, necktie, shirt pocket and the outer sides of socks.

Toko only glared at the boy in front of her before seething and settling down on her chair.

Monokuma only laughed his signature laugh. "Upupupu! Seems like our little serial killer woke up on the wrong side of her bed. Or is it that time of the month?"

"D,don't ask such questions! And besides, if I do then Komaru will remind me since we are on the same day—!!"

"Now you don't say that out loud!!" Komaru slammed her hand against Toko's mouth.