Catastrophe

The Sapphire sky was barely visible from the base of the forest, but the dawn breeze was as strong as ever.

The lush green forest only surrounded a small portion of the demon realm. Mostly the only inhabitants so far were Werewolves. They live in packs and roam around the forest, they attack any intruders that wander into their home. They are known for their agility, strength and large appearance as a wolf. Most warriors go challenge the wolves but only a few manage to beat them. There are rumors that the werewolves are guarding a special fountain with amazing healing abilities.

Legends says that the fountain lays underneath a waterfall that connects around the entire forest.

"I am going to kill a werewolf!" A short pinkette demon charged toward the Werewolf's forest. She was wearing a dark red turtleneck top with long sleeves, and long black pants with a sword dangling from its hilt on her waist. She cast a quick glance at the newly put down warning sign 'Beware of Werewolves'

She shrugged off the warning and started to trot quietly into the forest. A strong breeze hit her smack in the face making her shiver. Her emerald eyes flickered through the forest and spotted a large river, she decided to walk along the stream hoping to find a werewolf soon and get this over with.

She daydreamed as she trekked along the river. Can I really beat a full-grown werewolf? What if I am to weak? What if he was right?

Doubt clouded her thoughts and she didn't realize the water level rising until water filled her boots.

"Gah!" she growled as she felt her feet soak in ice cold water. Her right ankle managed to get lodged between two large rocks, she bent over to get herself unstuck but her small body was then hurled down the river by a wave.

'CRACK'

Pain flooded her foot as the black water surrounded her body dragging and tossing her around like a leaf caught in a tornado. She flailed around desperately till her head broke the surface then she was pulled back down by a heavier weight.

I am going to die...but I still haven't proven myself yet... she thought as the light died and she fell nearly unconscious.

Suddenly a large tree root that was sticking out of the river back caught her. She climbed rapidly but it was difficult since her ankle was probably broken. Plus, something was still dragging her down.