Flannel

"Alex, What's with the staring?" asked T.J.

Alex practically jumped up in her seat and glared at T.J.

"It's just that Magnus is wearing Flannel." she said, clearly annoyed at T.J. for interrupting her staring at the blond boy, Magnus. 

"So?" asked T.J.

"What do you mean so? He's ever worn Flannel before! He always wears blue or black jeans and a sweater. He occasionally wears T-shirts, but now he's wearing Flannel. Flannel is my thing!" she snapped.

T.J. instantly had his eyes widened. Magnus was one of his closest friends and he didn't even realize it was Magnus's first time wearing Flannel. No one would pay that much attention to Magnus unless...

Magnus walked towards us and said, "Hey guys, I've gotta go. I'm meeting someone at Fadlan's today and I promised to be there by 9 am sharp." And then, he disappeared.

Alex couldn't help but be a little suspicious. And being a teenager, her suspicions got the best out of her and she followed him outside of Valhalla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex didn't exactly follow Magnus. She took a shortcut and arrived at Fadlan's before Magnus and was waiting for Magnus to arrive. She was wearing a salmon pink sweater with a matching salmon pink hat and dark green jeans. She knew she could blow her cover because she wasn't exactly fitting in, but she couldn't help it. She needed to wear those two colors, however she did sit at the back of the food court.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, she spotted Magnus about to sit at a table across from an unfamiliar girl with blond hair. 

The girl got up and was about to hug Magnus but before she could, Something inside Alex sunk and she got up and left Fadlan's. 

What Alex didn't see was that the blond girl had a familiar pair of storm gray eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Alex locked herself in her room for the following two days and almost never came out. You could only hear pots being smashed and being made regularly. She only came out of her room for combat practice in which she fought sluggishly and died quickly. 

Magnus picked up on this and decided he could risk being decapitated again and proceeded to knock on Alex's door. 

He heard the potter's wheel slow down before Alex came to open the door.

She looked like a mess. Her hair was wild and her eyes were red. She had clay all over herself and all over her clothes. 

"What do you want beantown?" she asked.

"Oh, umm." Magnus realized he was staring and immediately stopped. He looked straight at her eyes. Wow, she had really nice eyes. A dark brown eye accompanying a nice amber one. As he looked away from her mesmerizing eyes, he traced her seemingly perfect jaw...to well her lips. She had really pink lips which seemed to look so soft ....

"Hello, I don't have all the time in the world here." She growled.

"Oh yeah. I came to talk about you not showing up to breakfast, or dinner, or anywhere but your room in general." He said.

"Yeah, I really don't feel like leaving my room." She responded.

Magnus was about to say something, but ...

"Anyways, why'd you notice. I thought you were busy thinking about someone else." She mumbled.

"Thinking about someone else? Who? " Magnus asked, confused.

"You know."

"I don't know Alex, could you be a little more specific?" Magnus questioned, annoyed.

"Stop pretending, I caught you two hugging at Fadlan's. You were on a date with that girl! " She snapped.

"Annabeth? She-" Magnus was about to respond when Alex slammed the door on him.

He was about to knock again when he heard muffled sobs from the other side.

"Alex, Can you please open the door?" He asked. 

"Go Away!" she screamed and Magnus took that as his opportunity to enter the room.

Boy was it a mess. There was wet clay and clay shards everywhere. He quickly forgot everything when he saw Alex on the floor with her head in her arms. He didn't know where he found the courage to do it, but he immediately went over to Alex and proceeded to hug her. He felt her tense up before she relaxed and gave into Magnus' hug.

Magnus was rubbing circles on her back when she suddenly lifted up her head and kissed Magnus. Magnus was surprised at first before he too gave in and moved his lips with hers. Alex suddenly pulled back her head rather quickly. Magnus felt her muscles tense once more.

"You know this is technically cheating on your girlfriend.." she said, out of nowhere.

Girlfriend? He was confused since Alex kissing Magnus made him forget the entire hallway conversation for a second.

"You mean Annabeth?" I asked.

"Is that her name? Sounds like a pretty name for a pretty girl." she mumbled.

"What? No! I mean yes her name is Annabeth. She's my cousin and she thought I was dead for like a year now. I went to go meet her." I responded.

Alex blinked. Twice.

"I kinda had feelings for you Alex. I was meaning to ask you out for a while now, but I chicken out every time. You always seem so pretty and confident and..."

"Shut Up." Alex told him.

"What? Wh- " Magnus was cut off again, but this time he liked it.

Because Alex locked lips with him once more and it made Magnus forget about everything, again.

Author's Note: I Do Not own the characters in this story. Rick Riordan does.