She's a Catch (Fake Relationship)

Prolouge~

     Pearl raced into the office and skitted to a halt, seeing her friends in various positions across the room.

     "It's about time," Peridot said, rolling her eyes. Lapis smirked at Peridot and in return, rolled her eyes.

     "Am I late?" Pearl asked, eyes widened. She shuffled her hands quietly behind her back.

     "Yeah. Even I was here before you," Amethyst said, from her bean bag chair, with a small hint of surprise in her voice, while still trying to sound cool and collected.

     Pearl smeared her dainty fingers down her face, leaving faint pink marks. "I'm sorry, everyone is trying to get to that new restaurant that opened yesterday. So much traffic..".

     "It's alright. Just sit down," Bismuth said, patting the space on the sofa beside her. Pearl nodded while smiling, and sat down beside the larger gem.

     Pearl's tired eyes twitched. Bismuth put her hand on Pearl's shoulder, and looked down at her. Pearl mouthed 'thank you' and leaned against her friend's arm.

     "Okay, are we all seated?" Garnet asked solemnly. Pearl looked around the room, and nodded.

     "Steven says he got reports of Bluebird Azarite working at that new restaurant Pearl mentioned," Garnet announced clasping her hands together, her gems clashing. The energy in the room turned tense. Pearl perked up and stood up from her postion on Bismuth's arm.

     "That fusion that tried to kill Greg?" Peridot scowled.

     "Aquamarine and Eyeball. The did say that they would be back," Pearl murmered, the tips of her fingers on her bottom lip.

     "Mhm. They are taking out humans left and right. Somehow they got hired at that restaurant. What's it called? Like- 'Le Meatballs' or something?" Amethyst asked, cocking an eyebrow.

     "It's an Olive Garden, Amethyst," Garnet said.

     "Oooooh, like the place with the breadsticks?" Amethyst questioned, stars lighting up her eyes as she thought of the food.

     "This isn't about The Olive Garden. it's about the employees at The Olive Garden. We've gotten reports of Bluebird harassing humans. That's why I'll be putting you in teams," Garnet explained.

     Garnet got up from her seat, and walked over to Amethyst's shiny, blue bean bag chair. "Bismuth and Pearl, you are partners. You will be in the restaurant undercover as a newly-engaged couple. Make sure to hide your gems in your clothing, do your hair. Make sure you look different," Garnet said seriously, staring at the two. Pearl looked at Bismuth, who gave her a quick goofy smile and turned her head away quickly. A bit strange.

     "Lapis, Peridot; you will be outside in the back waiting to catch Bluebird. You must always be alert."

     "What about me?" Amethyst asked, leaning further into her chair. 

     "You're coming with me. I'm not going to have you get distracted. This is our first mission in a while," Garnet responded cold, yet genuinely.

     "What do you mean? I can control myself! I'm great on missions," she said in a sly tone. Garnet raised her eyebrows. "Okay, fine, I'll come with you." 

     Garnet looked back to the rest of the room. "We must start as soon as possible. I'll put more info about the time in the Little Homeschool Group Chat. Is that clear?" Garnet demanded, gazing at Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, Bismuth, and Pearl each individually. They all simultaniously responded with "yes", and set into their own small groups.