★8★ 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐭. 1

Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ, Sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 18ᴛʜ, 1989

★ ★ ★

After school Lisa and I met our friends at The Max. It's pretty much something we do everyday after school.

While I take a seat next to Jessie, Lisa called Kelly on the landline on the other side of the diner.

"Kelly says she can make it to your slumber party", Lisa said, coming over to our booth.

"Great!", Jessie smiled.

"Hey, I'll be there with my pimple cream and curlers", Slater said while smirking.

"No way Jose", Jessie said.

"Hey it was worth a shot", Slater shrugged.

"Isn't a slumber party where you girls spill your guts about everything?", Zack asked.

"Why?", Jessie asked.

"Yeah what are you up to Zack?", I ask.

"Well I'm sure Kelly is gonna say who's she gonna take to the dance. So can you tell us?", Zack said.

"Wait- the school is having a dance?", I ask confused.

"You didn't know there was a dance?", Lisa asked.

"No-

"How could you not know? There are posters literally everywhere around the school", Jessie said.

"You guys know I don't really pay attention to stuff like that", I say.

". . . Anyways we're not telling unless Kelly wants us to", Lisa said turning back to Zack.

"That would be invading someone's privacy Zack", Jessie said.

"I could live with that", Zack said folding his arms while I walk over to the phone.

As I dial Kevin's number I see Rhonda Robistelli get up and walk over to the booth I was previously at.

Zack runs to the men's bathroom.