𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter three.

MY grin was plastered wide on my face once the door to Motor opened and I saw Stevie enter with his cast, "Stevie!"

I run from behind the counter and over to him, engulfing him in a long hug. He laughed, "Hey, Lava."

I pulled back from the hug, my smile never leaving, "Fuck, you don't know how much I missed you. I was this close to punching every single one of these dummies." I motioned my hand out, putting my index finger and thumb close together to show him.

He laughed again before holding out a black marker that he got from his back pocket, "Can you be the first to sign it?"

"Of course, Stevie." I take the marker and he holds out his injured arm for me to sign it. I put Lava since he's more comfortable calling me that before I closed the marker and gave it back to him, "How many more weeks until this shit comes off?"

"3, I think." He shrugged before he looked past me to see the boys come in from out back, "Hey guys."

"Sunburn!" Fuckshit greeted loudly, pushing me to the side as he came up to us, "You let Lava sign first, man? I wanted first dibs."

I laughed at Fuckshit's sudden frown as he looked at my name on Stevie's arm, "Don't be jealous, Fuckshit. Break your arm next, so you can sign it first."

"Haha," He rolled his eyes, still taking the marker from Stevie to write his name before I turned around to go back behind the counter, where Ray now was.

"I forgot to ask if you got in trouble last night?" Ray asked, but only for our ears.

I glanced at him, "Nope," I quickly shake my head, fumbling with my fingers, "He wasn't even awake when I came in."

He nodded, "That's good, right?"

"Yeah, that's great," I lied, looking ahead as Stevie was now letting Fourth Grade sign. If my father wasn't so drunk last night, he would have remembered our conversation and not let me leave the house this morning. I was scared that he was because then Ray would have been concerned and came to my house to stand up to my dad. Again.

My eyes look away from the boys when the bell rang and Estee came in with our friends, Olivia and Megan, "Gosh, Drew, I knew you would be here."

"Hey, Estee." I gave a subtle wave, still greeting her after her first words to me.

"I thought you said you were sick yesterday," Olivia stated with a raised brow.

"'Sick'?" Ray also asked, looking at me with an amused look as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Though, I looked back at my friends, "Yeah, I was. I had a bad trip."

Estee rolled her eyes, "Well, of course you will, Drew. You keep smoking bad batches." She then pulled out her compact mirror to touch up her lip gloss, "I honestly don't know where you keep getting your weed from."

"Uh, from me." Fuckshit inquired, raising a finger up as he stood next to Ray, "And my weed is some great shit. Never had a bad batch." He then looked at me, with furrowed brows, "You smoked yesterday? When, in the back before I fell? I don't remember giving you weed."

I give him a look, acknowledging the small bandaid he had on the bridge of his nose, "No, Fuckshit. I didn't get any from you yesterday." My lies keep piling on, though the only one trying to hold in a laugh was Ray.

Estee suddenly sighed, "Well, come with us. We're getting our nails done." Then grabbed my hand to look at them closely, "And you definitely need a manicure. You're hands are starting to look like theirs." She nodded over to the boys, who all grinned widely at us when we looked.

"Hi, Estee." Stevie soon greeted and she smiled at him. I'm not even going to discuss my opinion on whatever the hell their thing is.

"Hey, Stevie," She glanced at his arm, "Glad to see you're doing okay."

Ray then tapped me on the elbow as they continued talking, so he could lean in to whisper, "You could have just said you didn't want to hang with them."

I shrugged my shoulders, "They wouldn't listen anyways." I then look at Estee after walking past Ray to come out from around the counter, "Ready?"

"Always, babe." She grinned widely and took my hand in hers before I looked back at the boys, who were all laughing quietly amongst themselves, most likely about me. I groaned to myself as we left Motor.

Believe me, I love my friends, but there are times where I'd rather be with the guys than them because they don't mind getting dirty or bruised from just skating. And Estee thinks girls shouldn't skate anyways unless it has to do with putting on skates, which sounds completely stupid in my opinion. Though, I'll never tell her that, she's still my friend.

I just wish I wasn't getting my damn nails painted.