Confession

"Come here and sit by the fire, " Seokjin urged.

It was a weekend getaway to be with friends. Just to relax and camp. To not think about your problems.

It was so nice to sit under the stars and take in the chill of the air, but you did want to get closer to the fire.

"It's ok Seokjin, there's no more chairs. I don't want to sit on the cold ground."

"Get your tush over here and sit on my lap, " he invited, opening up his jacket toward you.

"O-ok, " you said reluctantly.

The fact was that you really did want to sit on his lap. Ever since college you've had a crush on him. You stood there remembering the time he had to change out of his wet t-shirt. It had been raining out and he'd forgotten his raincoat. God he looked good. Chiseled chest and abs. And his back. You remember having to peel your eyes from his chest before he saw you salivating over him.

"What are you waiting for? Besides you can keep me warm. I'm freezing too." His words broke your trip down memory lane.

You slowly made your way over to him, trying hard not to knock over anyone's drinks as you walked between chairs set up around the fire.

When you approached he looked up at you and down at his lap. "Well?"

You took a leg and he wrapped you up in his jacket making you fall against his solid chest. It took all you had not to put your lips on his neck. 'Why does he have to smell damn good?' You were screaming inside, smelling his cologne through the smoke of the fire.

He pulled his arms around you tighter and you placed your hand on his chest feeling just how much more solid he had become. You closed your eyes and breathed him in.

"Are you ok, " Seokjin looked down at you, feeling a slight tickle as you unconsciously ran your index finger along the line connecting his pec muscles.

You quickly opened your eyes, "What? Oh, umm. It's just the smoke getting to me."

If it weren't for the glow of the fire he probably would have seen your face turn red.

"Should I move my chair back?"

"No, I'm fine." Embarrassment flooded your body and you could feel the warmth rising in your face.

Seokjin took a deep breath. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

Your stomach flipped and your eyes went wide. 'He's been my friend since forever. Why is he all of a sudden making me feel so nervous?' Your mind was racing. Maybe it was the atmosphere? The alcohol? But you hadn't drunk any alcohol yet.

"Uhhhhhhhh, ok."

You stood up and turned to look at him. He looked up at you from his chair, raised his eyebrows, and shook his head.

You took his breath away. The way the light of the fire danced on your skin. Your eyes sparkled as the embers floated in the cool air. Looking at you made him feel like he couldn't breathe.

He took you by the hand as he stood up and lead you away from everyone sitting around the fire.

There were knowing glances and whispers among your friends when both of you left.

Seokjin took out the flashlight he had in his jacket pocket and shone the light on the cold ground of the trail.

He still had your hand in his and felt a shiver come from your body.

"You're cold." He brought your hand to his cheek, still warm from the fire. He walked a little further and stopped.

He turned and grabbed both of your hands. Your heart was pounding so hard you could feel the blood rushing in your ears. Seokjin looked down at you and sighed. He gave a soft smile and spoke.

"We've been friends for a long time now. We pretty much know everything about each other. Even the embarrassing stuff, " he let out a nervous laugh and closed his eyes.

You looked up at him fondly. "What do you want to tell me Seokjin?"

"I- I want to say so much right now." He took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before letting it out.

This wasn't easy for him given his shy nature. He kept his feelings for you hidden because he wasn't sure.

You held his hands a little tighter in yours.

"It's ok Seokjin. Whatever it is, you can tell me."

Seokjin looked up at the night sky, almost hoping to somehow gain courage from the universe. He let out another breath.

"I'm in love with you."

There under the twinkling stars and glow of the moon, he confessed everything to you. How he felt. How long he'd felt this way. Everything. When he was finished he looked into your eyes in desperate need of a reply.

He looked so handsome standing there with his beanie and sharp eyebrows. 'How could anyone not love this man. He's handsome, sweet, shy, caring, funny.' You made a mental list of all the things you love about him. You felt as though your heart would pound right out of your chest as you spoke the words he so desperately wanted to hear.

"I'm in love with you too, " your voice so low, he almost couldn't hear you.

Seokjin didn't waste anytime. He had mustered up enough courage to tell you his feelings, he wasn't going to stop now.

"I want to kiss you so bad right now." He looked down at his feet.

You looked up at him through your lashes, your heartbeat slowing. "Then kiss me."

Seokjin swallowed. He raised his hand to let the back of it stroke your cheek. He took a moment to look at your lips. As he came in closer he took in the scent of your perfume. It was fresh orange and jasmine mixed with the smoke of the fire. It was almost intoxicating to him.

His soft lips pressed against yours and it made them tingle with the touch of his. It was pure. There, under the stars he kissed you until you were both breathless.

He broke the kiss and placed his forehead on yours with his eyes still closed.

"I've wanted to kiss you for so long, " he whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid. But I'm not anymore, " looking into your eyes now.

"Oh Seokjin, just kiss me."

He did as he was told and tucked your hair behind your ear before once again placing his pillowy lips on yours.

Neither of you broke the kiss for what seemed like eternity. You parted your lips as an invitation to him for more.

Your mouth tasted exquisite to him. He wanted more of you but held back. This was too new. Too fresh.

"Seokjin, " you heard all of your friends yell from the camp. "Did you tell her yet?"

The disturbance broke the kiss.

"You told them? They know?"

"Well, yeah. Please don't be mad. I needed advice."

'I'm glad it's dark or she'd see my ears turning red.'

You grabbed the back of his neck to pull him close. "I won't be mad, but you'll have to make it up to me, " you said with a sly smile.

His eyes went wide. "Oh yeah?" He knew exactly what you meant.

"Yeah. But let's head back before they send out a search party to find us."