Chapter One - Arrival

I want to start this off with a update. I want to apologize for those who have been waiting for a new chapter, I've been going through rough times lately since my mother died last year. I felt broken and went through rough situations. But with the help of my father, I'm slowly recovering and getting my feet back up. I will dedicate this story to my mother and my father for always giving me love and support. I also dedicate this story to my friend CatherineLang9 who always admired my stories and the characters in them, always kind and a good friend as well. Thank you so much, everyone 💖

Zachary was in his quarters as he waited for an announcement that the Leviathan will be arriving soon towards the new planet. He took one more look at his family portrait before leaving, he just got the news that his older sister had passed away from the virus that's been threatening humanity. The expedition team that he's in will be searching for something that can help make a cure for the virus to save humanity. He will dedicate this expedition and the search for the cure to his sister since she looked after him after the death of their parents and younger brother.

Suddenly, Zachary heard an announcement saying that all members of the expedition team should all be ready for departure as the ship is almost arriving to its destination.

Zachary boarded the shuttle and waited for his friend. After going through loss as a teenager, he was afraid of making friends because he has a fear of losing people, until a year ago when he met Anna Newton during training. They became friends when they shared the moments they had when they suffered loss of people close to them, Anna became a good friend throughout the year and Zachary felt happy to have a friend like her in his life.

Just then, a girl with beautiful red hair was the last member of the team to enter the shuttle. It was Anna. She took a seat next to Zachary right when the shuttle was getting ready for take off.

"Do you think that the people from the planet that we're going to can make a cure to the virus?" asked Anna.

"I hope so, but I do have a fear of what we don't know about them." Zachary replied.

"New things are always scary. But if we can find a cure, it will all be worth it."

When they entered the planet, they looked out the windows to see what it looks like out there. It was amazing. It reminded them of Earth with the large buildings, drones flying around the city, it looked so normal. There was even a large forest outside the city. The members of the team were amazed of how this planet looked.

When the shuttle landed on the landing platform at the top of the largest skyscraper in the city. There was a group of people watching them as the shuttle door opens and the team steps out, Zachary felt nervous and excitement at the same time. The people look like human beings, but their skin was a bright shade of blue. The Leader was waiting for them at the end of the walkway.

"Bright blessings, travelers." said The Leader.

"Thank you for responding to our signal, sir." said Captain Manson.

"You are very welcome. I am more than happy to help anyone in need."

"Since the virus is threatening all life on earth, we've been desperate to find the cure. I was relieved when you mentioned that you have the perfect tools and genetically engineered equipment that can help us create a cure to save humanity."

The Leader lead the team into a large meeting room to have a formal meeting before they can get settled, everyone took their seats as they prepare for the meeting.

"In case you're wondering, we do have infected humans in our cryogenic pods to keep them alive before it's time to test the cure on them when it's ready." said Captain Manson.

"That is good thinking. It is better to keep your test subjects alive in order to test the cure. When you told us about the virus, we were devastated to hear about humanity being threatened by this disease." said The Leader.

"Should we see on what kind of genetically engineered equipment that you have to create the cure to this virus?"

"We are preparing the lab now. But we have prepared quarters where you may rest and when the lab is finished, we'll give you a complete tour."

After being sent to quarters, Zachary started to feel bored. He never had a chance to explore the building since the team was lead to the meeting room and sent to their quarters afterwards. He decided to see Anna and ask her if she wants to explore the building with him while they wait for the tour.