Dance Like Nobody's Watching

The loud speaker goes off as Princpal Bump was about to get ready to give morning announcements. 
"Good Morning Hexide. Now then, for morning announcements. First of all, it's double homework week" He announced.

The majority students groaned as they were making a bunch of complaints. Some cussed under their breathes. Some slumped their heads on their desks even banging their heads against them. A few students even started booing and heckling in distaste from the unfortunate news. Amity was some of the very few who didn't complain, because, well, she is used to studying a lot and is top student.

"Alright alight enough with the boos and the hisses." Principal Bump groaned as he rolled his eyes very well aware of the kind of the reaction most students would make.
"Now then, the second announcement that I want to address you all Grom is coming up. It's tonight" He said.

People then started cheering, feeling excited over the special night. Grom was considered one of the most important moments of every witchling's life during their school days.

Luz looked at everyone in confusion. She was still new to Hexside so she wasn't aware of the events that goes on during the school year. She then turned to one of her friends, Willow and asked.
"Hey, Willow? What's Grom?" She asked

"Oh Grom? Grom is a special party where we get to dress up all fancy. We eat, chat, and even dance and have fun with your friends." Willow responded with a smile.

"Oh I get it. Earth has something similar to that." Luz said as she thought about it.

"Wow, you have a human version of Grom where you come from?" Gus asked impressed by the fact.

"Why yes. Where I'm from. There is this school wide event called prom. It's basically the same as grom. You dance, hang out, chat, and eat food with friends." Luz said as she smiled slightly.

"Wow, that's soooo cool." Gus complimented with excitement as his eyes sparkled with glee. 

"Though, there's one problem...." Luz mumbled while rubbing one of her arms with the other looking down at her desk.

"What's wrong?" Willow asked Luz in concern putting a hand on her shoulder.

"It's just that...well...I can't dance..." Luz admitted with an ashamed expression on her face. 

"Oh really?" Gus asked.

"Yeah...I got two left feet." Luz said.

"Humans actually have two left feet?!" Gus asked

"No Gus." Willow said slightly annoyed. "It means Luz is not that good at dancing"

"Yeah that's right." Luz said. "I don't wanna embarrass myself in front of the school school and...Amity..." Luz blushed when looking over seeing Amity chatting with Boscha and a bunch of the other popular kids.

Amity looked over and gives a smile and waves at her.

Luz blushed and waves back.
"What am I gonna do guys?" I can't go to the dance where I dance like some wounded, drunk animal." She whispered.

"Maybe we can get someone to try and teach you." Gus suggested. 

"Yeah, why don't you guys come over with me to the Owl House. Maybe Eda can pitch in as well..." Luz suggested.
"Amity is probably some dancing queen. Meanwhile, I'm a pineapple."

"Don't worry Luz...we'll turn you from a pineapple to a pineapple upside-down cake" Gus promised with a determined grin.

=============================================================================

Meanwhile, at the Owl House,

Eda was looking through some magazine for adults. She hummed in amusement.
"Mmmm, now that's hot....." She smirked.

Luz then kicks the door open.
"Eda!"

"Ahhh!" Eda hid the magazine behind her back and chuckled while smiling nervously. "Oh hey kiddo and kiddo's friends...hehe...nothing to see here..." 

"Eda! The Grom is coming up and I need to learn how to dance by tonight!" Luz panicked.

Eda sighed as she smiled
"I remembered my first grom. Where I spiked the punch and managed to get in bed with-" Eda was cut off when Luz was covering her ears.

"Nobody wants to hear that!" King yelled at Eda. 

"Woah okay, we don't need to hear that." Gus interjected as he and Willow covered their ears.

"I can't hear you! La la la la la la! ABCDEGF!" Luz sang loudly and rapidly covering her ears not wanting to hear any of Eda's 'experience'. 
"Can you not talk about it?"

"Okay okay." Eda said in defeat putting her arms up. "Anyways...why do you need dance lessons so badly?" 

"This is why." Luz then started to dance and man did it look horrible. It was no human, nor natural whatsoever. It looked clumsy and awkward. Her dancing could your own mother or father seem like a better dancer in Luz. It was that bad. 

Eda, Gus, and Willow looked flabbergasted but not the positive kind. Eda's jaw dropped while Gus cringed while turning his head away. Willow tried to smile but it was a nervous smile as she was trying to hide her cringe. King however did not hide his disgusted look on his face. There was complete silence. It was so silent that you could hear crickets chirping.