They Love Love

[Chapter 1]

Boredom could only get the man so far. He was so bored while on his break that he decided to check out the things that his fans make for him or about him. And that was when he stumbled upon a story— a Twitter AU, rather.

“matchless love

– a Hwang Hyunjin AU where broke, college writer Hyunjin just wants to feel love that can't be compared to any other.”

He tapped on the thread, his interest only growing inside of him every time he scrolls through the story. It was quite touching. How his alternative self made by a fan could be so fond of falling in love— just like him.

The way the story was written made his heart feel full. It was so greatly written, as if the words were properly thought of. As if the writer wasn't only sending a message, but was also sympathizing with the readers' feelings. Or maybe it was just him, getting pulled into this piece of art. Too emotionally attached to get himself off his phone.

After a few days, the idol finds himself reading more and more works of the same writer. He had attempted on reading other authors' works but it wasn't a success. In the end of the day, he finds himself wrapped up in his blanket, face almost planted on his pillow as he grips on the cellular device on his hand, reading different AU's from the same writer.

He admits that it is quite weird since almost everything is about him. But, he puts all of that aside as he continues to scroll through every story made.

He was astounded, really. How could a person from social media pull him in, make him fall in love with their work when he doesn't even know them? As ridiculous as it sounds, it's even as if the writer knew what Hyunjin was feeling. He felt a connection between him and that person's work, it makes him love love even more.

While the idol is enjoying reading, somewhere on the other side of Korea— just kidding they both live in Seoul; the writer stresses over what to write next. It feels like he has written a lot about love that he's running out of things to write about. It's not that he wants his works to be out of the ordinary but he felt like he had already written everything about love.

So he takes his time. He tries to not think about writing at all, taking his time to just— imagine what it feels like to be falling in love. How it feels to have someone hold you, sympathize with your emotions and just overall be there for you. A small smile appears on his lips as he thinks about Hwang Hyunjin. He had been idolizing the man for a few years now and words aren't enough to describe how proud he is of him.

He knew of him ever since the start. He saw how Hyunjin cried on his first win, how he was finally able to perform on foreign award shows and all that. Changbin had basically watched and supported the younger through his success.

Writing stories started as a hobby when he read a book called “The Runaway Princess” when their family came over to one of his cousin's house. He had fallen in love with the story but sadly, he wasn't able to finish it. So, he decided to write stories about what could've possibly happened to the runaway princess.

Then he got into reading different fanfictions of famous artists that he likes and decided that maybe, he should try it out too.

His works didn't satisfy him at first. Of course it didn't, he was a 14-year old boy writing fanfictions. How would he know about love at that age when most boys his age are probably out in the arcade or somewhere being a rebel. But he wasn't like that. Things like that didn't interest him, at all.

So, every time he goes to school, he would always ask his friends to read his stories for him. Some would laugh at him— telling him that what he's doing is ridiculous, but some appreciates it. So he continues. That was until social media happened. He made an account dedicated to his beloved idols but he didn't gather too much following. Which isn't fine in a perspective of a teenager. And so, he started to produce more stories and tried to post it. Starting from cringy fanfiction to sappy social media au's.