Don't Look At Me

"I'm sorry but I have to let you go, it breaks my heart to see you like this. I'm letting go," you say as I beg you to stay, but you walk away. I drop to my knees and sob. 

"How could I be the one who has to be let go of!?" I took care of you and loved you with my whole heart, I gave myself away! I gave you my heart! And you just WALK AWAY!?"

You stop in your tracks and take one step towards me holding one hand out, offering to help me up,  and turn around as you feel no warmth in your hand and you humbly walk away.

"I'd come back if I could! But..." your voice fades.

"Why!?" I ask looking at you as my tears drip and fall to the floor.

"But what!?" I scream mad at the top of my lungs. I get up off my knees, run to you and grab your arm.

"But what?" I say out of breath as we look at each other in the eyes.

"I don't deserve you," you say looking down at my feet. I wipe your tears.

"You do...But I don't deserve you." My heart starts to race. I already know where this is going and I can't stop it.

"Yeah, I think..." you say looking back at me. My eyes start to well up.

"I'm sorry. I don't think it could work. I loved you but, I don't love you anymore." you say looking back at the floor then to me again. I feel my heart shatter as the words come out of your mouth. I think in my head '''Theres someone else.''' but I try to let that float to the back of my head.

"Okay~" I whisper. You hold my hand and say, "I'm sorry." You slowly let go of my hand and you look at me. Tears streaming down my face, my hands curl into fists and i feel like my heart is gonna burst outta my chest. You stare at me and my anger builds up. 

"Everything Stays!" I shout in your face, my words coming out with venom, more harsh  than i expected.

I calmly turn around and walk away, wishing I never knew you.