Prologue

It was a simple Thursday afternoon, when Lemmuel had heard loud bangs and thunderous crashes from downstairs. His first thought was a burglary, so he grabbed the heaviest book he could find and snuck down to investigate. As he walks to the living room, he sees the front door wide open and his mother crying on the carpet flooring. Lemmuel steps closer to his mother, cautiously. He can see red, thick lines across her neck and back.
     "Quick...", she murmured, "he's coming...". There were booming footsteps pacing up the stairs to the open front door. Lemmuel flees behind the couch, abandoning his sobbing mother. The walls begin to turn red as a tall, giant man stomps into the room.
     "I didn't want for this to happen, Cheyenne, but you've left me with no other choice!", the man sputters out with furious intent. The hefty man lets out a heavy sigh as a slow clicking noise was made. The windows began to crack, revealing a bright, white light. The light seemed to scream. The scream sounded very distant, but close enough to freeze you on spot. Lemmuel looked over the couch to see his parents shuffling through files on top of files. Lemmuel watched his parent sign the forms with gel pens, which were both their favorite pens. His parents seemed very unbothered by their surroundings, not seeing the red walls, cracking windows, and audible cracks. Lemmuel watched with close intent on how his mother wrote her signature. As soon as she was done dotting the "i" to her last name, the hairs on Lemmuel's neck began to stand. He had looked up, as if something had been watching him from above.
     "Run..."
Lemmuel had never ran so fast in his life. The walls in the room behind him began crumbling, showing more of its light behind it. Lemmuel dashes for his room and closes the door behind him. The safety of his room has vanished...there was something else in the room with him...but where?