1. A More Peaceful Time... (sort of.)

Author's Note: Rhys is actually my fave holy crap. I'm extremely attracted to him and I haven't a good explanation for why. His face is just gorgeous tbh. Plus he's voiced by Troy Baker which is like an extra thousand points.

As there is only one episode out so far, I'm not sure if I'll be accurate with things. So if eventually I find out something was incorrect through a future episode, I'll do my best to adjust to that.

___________________________________

Chapter 1. A More Peaceful Time... (sort of)
9 Years Prior Hugo P. Vasquez Reign

"Impossible! At this rate, the project will be marked as void...! We can't allow this opportunity to slip out of our hands!"

The stressful countenance of your parents wasn't exactly a pleasing sight, nor was it a rare occurrence. Constantly were they indulged in affairs that made them want to pull their hair out.

The slamming of the tense fist onto a control panel was the signal for you to leave, as that would also be when your mother glances at you with those sorry eyes. You nodded at her with understanding, hopping off of the metallic counter and heading towards the automatic doors. Its motion sensors recognizing you, the doors had opened smoothly, and you stepped into the hallway of the eastern wing of Helios.

"Got ya!"

You screamed, stumbling backwards into the arms of someone familiar. Your breaths heavy, you planned to never forgive this person for nearly giving you a heart attack.

"Well... that didn't go as planned."

"That voice...!" you gasped, a warm feeling entering your heart. Well, they were already forgiven.

"Yeah, 'that voice,'" repeated he. You turned around, immediately being lifted off your feet as you embraced the man.

"Rhys..." you murmured, feeling a kind of happiness you hadn't experienced for a while.

"I know, baby, I know." He rubbed your back lovingly as he set you down.

The two of you had stared at each other with smiles, his hand resting against your cheek. As he leaned in to kiss you, you heard... coughing...?

You awkwardly shifted away from Rhys, noticing one of the Hyperion engineers in the hallway as well. He cleared his throat as he walked in between you and Rhys towards the door in which your troubled parents worked.

"Your parents in there, [Name]?" he said with an annoyed tone, looking at his watch.

"Yes, sir..."

"Very good." He placed his hand onto the scanner, opening the door and stepping inside.

You heard him mutter, "Damn kids..." and felt the need to flip him off behind his back. Your mom saw you as you did, widened eyes and all, but realized that the engineer was, indeed, pretty arrogant. So she was trying to stifle a laugh.

"What's so funny?" you heard the engineer ask as the doors closed.

"Petition for [Name] Vasquez to be Hyperion president," jested Rhys.

"God, he's such a dick."

"Tell me about it."

"Anyway, how've you been? How was your 'break'?"

"Okay, you tell me how I'm supposed to enjoy a break from work when I'm confined to only a few rooms."

"Wow. Really?" You raised an eyebrow. "Why is that?"