𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 - 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Where we going?" Hayato asked.

"I saw a kitten here earlier, I'm just wondering if it's still here." I answered. I heard him sigh, but he didn't leave me by myself.

"He's not here..." I muttered, disappointed.

"Probably left. We should go." he suggested.

"Man, so close!" we heard. We turned to the direction of the voice to see three guys standing next to each other, holding rocks.

"You suck!" the boy on the right side laughed.

"My turn!" the guy in the middle of the two eagerly said. What are they playing?

He held the rock firmly with his hand before throwing it, just like what a pitcher would do in a game of baseball.

If this was just a practice for baseball, there should be some kind of Catcher with a glove.

I glanced at the place where the catcher should be positioned to receive the ball, but I saw no one.

Only a kitten buried under the sand with its head sticking out was what I saw. No catcher, just a cat waiting to be hit.

"You missed!" they laughed.

"That's horrible." I whispered with a shaky voice. So this is what other people do to others who are trying to live? I'm starting to hate my own kind.

"I don't want to watch." I mumbled, looking away from the horrible scene. I clenched my fist in anger. I wouldn't mind becoming a killer at this very moment.

"Good idea." Hayato said before walking towards them. He stood next to the cat with a baseball bat.

"What's with him?" the young boys scoffed. They should be around 13 years old, they're too young to be doing such thing to an adorable feline.

"Cut it out, you guys." Hayato pulled the cat out of the sand, dusting away the sand that got stuck to its fur.

That's the kitten I saw earlier! It was just sleeping in the bushes during the morning. Humans are so cruel...

The kitten ran over to me and hid behind my leg. It was quivering in fear.

"Huh?!" the guy, who I assumed was the leader, yelled. I picked up the cat and let it rest on my chest. It had tears in its eyes. How cruel...

How long was it stuck in that position? How long have they been torturing it? Thinking about it makes me tetchy.

"Hayato..." I mumbled his name as I watched him hold the baseball bat in position.

"It's just a game!"

"No one asked you to butt in!"

"Animals aren't toys. They're alive, just like you." Hayato quoted. I used to say that line...

"How corny!

"Is this guy serious?"

"Let's play baseball, for real." he glared at them. I love that terrifying glare.

"Hey, that game you're playing is really fun. Why don't we gamble?" I suggested.

"Gamble?" they repeated.

"If we win, you'll be in the same position as that kitten earlier." I informed.

"And if we win?" they asked.

"You can do whatever you want to me." I smiled, making them smirk.

"Then how about having fun later on? We can book a hotel room." their leader offered.