< CHAPTER ONE; PAGE ONE >

That was it. I don't know what to think right now. My 16th birthday is in two weeks. And the only thing I know for sure is, that my life will change forever. I hope I will be a seeker. My parents and grandparents were seekers. Just like my whole family. I bet I will be a seeker. It's a 75% chance.

Let's go back in time. My parents died when I was 3 years old. I don't really know what happened to them. But my grandma tells me that it's just fine and that I shouldn't worry. I think that this has something to do with the government. I think that they're corrupt and kill seekers when there are to much. I just wish that i had more time with them. But there is still my 3 years older brother Louis. He's an hider, so i never really get to see him. He visited me sometimes when I was younger, but he stoped visiting me a year ago. I just hope that he's doing fine. It broke my heart when he had to leave.

Once you turn 16, there will be a symbol and a color on your skin. It will define the rest of your life. If you become a hider.. you better run. If you become a seeker, your life won't change that much. You have to find hiders and either kill them or bring them to the government. No one really knows what happens to them after that.
You can just hope that you become a seeker, and if not, I'm sorry for you..