Sick Day

She was just tired. That's all that it was. Nothing more than that. She just needed to drink some coffee and she would be fine. It didn't matter that her stomach hurt and was sour. It didn't matter that she was running a temperature of one hundred and one. It also didn't matter that her whole body ached. She was not sick!

Josie was sick, and we aren't talking about a runny nose and a little cough. No, see was full on disgusted with herself and wanted no one to even look at her sick. However, in true Josie form, she refused to admit it and was trying desperately to not to let it show.

She had been sitting in her Magic 305 class for about fifteen minutes, when the feeling hit her. There was no denying what was about to happen. She needed to move, and fast. She was going to hurl. Running out of the class, leaving everything behind on her desk, Josie headed straight for the closest bathroom.

It was no use lying to herself any longer. She was sick. She needed to take a day. No bothering to go back to the class to get her stuff, Josie sent a note to the teach using magic letting her know that she wouldn't be returning. When she got to her room, her stuff had been delivered with a note explaining that her teach would inform the rest of the faculty.

****

An hour later, Josie heard knocking at her door. Who would be here now? Classes were still going on and it wasn't lunch time yet.

After hearing the news that the brunette was sick, Hope sprung into action. She made quick work of gathering everything that she would need and showed up to the brunette's room. She was waiting to be told to come in.

After not getting an answer for a few minutes, Hope wondered if the girl was sleeping. Leaned her head to the side to see if she could hear the sounds of sleep. What she heard was someone moving around. So, she knocked again.

"Go away. I don't want anyone to see me right now."

Hope shook her head. That was so Josie. She would be the first one in the room when someone else was sick, but no, when she was sick, she didn't want to be taken care of. They always did say that doctors made the worse patients. That fit Josie, she couldn't stand to be a "burden", no matter how many times you told her that she wasn't.

With a simple spell, Hope unlocked and opened the room. She walked in carry the loaded duffle bag she had packed over her shoulder. She was ready for the fight that she knew she was going to face.

"Hey Josie, I heard you were sick. I have come to take care of you and help you to feel better."

"No."

Quirking up an eyebrow she stared at the girl in front of her. That was so cute. Did she really think that she was dealing with her sister or father? Did she think that she would just tell her 'No'?

"Yes."

Josie looked over at the other girl with shock. Usually when she gave someone a reason to not be near her when she was sick, they took it. No one wanted to take care of a sick person.

"What do you mean? I said I didn't want you to take care of me."

"Actually, you just said 'No". And then I said yes. So again, I am here to take care of you."

Josie moved back further into her pile of covers and quilts and tried to hide. She really didn't want anyone, least of all Hope, to see her like this. She was nasty and gross.

Hope looked at her and she swore, she felt like she could read the younger girls mind. She was having none of this.

"Ok, first things first. I'm running you a hot bath. Aunt Freya sent me some oil that is supposed to do wonders to help you get over any illness. Then, I have brand new fluffy pjs for you. They are warm and cozy. I have some medication potions, all made by Aunt Freya and all natural. I have teas and I brought my laptop so we can watch movies."