Chapter One- When it all started

Tasha wasnt one to sit idly on a 10 hour flight. She needed constant entertainment, whether it was watching a movie or singing Beyonce loudly to herself, she needed to be preoccupied. Her best friend Lauren though, could drown herself in how deep her thoughts were sometimes, when she wasn't loudly babbling nonsense that continually irritated the flight attendants.. Yet despite this, on the last hour of their journey it was silent, the kind of silence that echoes in your head, ringing with the empty sound filling your ear drums and surround your thoughts. Both girls were thinking the same thing, they were 18 year olds going to a completely different country for 4 years of college, no family to coddle or pester them. They were finally free to be individuals, which was an immensely terrifying yet invigoratingly free concept. There was no one to tell them they could say that, or wear that, or go with that person. These kind of thoughts consumed the young traveling girls until the plane jolted and landed, snapping them from their daze instantaneously. Stepping off the giant aircraft they could feel they had officially started a new journey, and they sure as hell were gonna make it fun.
Finding a taxi that would take them to Cambridge all the way from the airport was not easy, but luckily Lauren bat her eyes and showed a little cleavage at the male cab driver, who very quickly afterwards helped them get to their destination- The Cambridge Dorms. Tasha was the smart one of the two, she had the best grades of her class and getting into Cambridge was her dream come true. Being the intellectual one, she had spoken with the school board and had convinced them to approve Lauren and her to be roommates. So when they finally were in their sparse and surprisingly large room, it was well past midnight and both were exhausted from their flight. Tasha knew Lauren wouldn't put her luggage away yet so she took initiative and set their beds up, and the girls drifted into sleep with the promise of new things to come..

~Thank you for reading the beginning of my story! It's obviously a very short start and this is my first official story, so any feedback is welcome(: The regular updates will be longer and I am planning on updating at least once a week. Hope you enjoy! Stay classy- Rose