Chapter One

Someone's past can reveal the deepest issues within a person. The past cannot ever be changed or erased however your past never defines your future. I can remember where my past of pleasure and agony commenced. Nothing could have prepared me for the road that I was about to endure. No longer than three months prior I had been embarrassed by my sworn enemy. Along with the secret whispers of someone I considered a friend and confidant, that said enemy told my entire class including my teacher that I was gay.

Now here I was in another dreadful classroom, surrounded by a new set of names and faces. I was absolutely certain that no single person in this classroom full of my demonic peers hadn't heard about the boy that was outed to his whole class. "Hi, I'm Devon." This boy, although not new to the school, was relatively new to me.

"You don't know who I am?" One eyebrow raised, I tried to give the young boy a death glare to warn him against playing a prank on me. "I'm trying to figure out who you are, that why I introduced myself." His sassy response assured me that he truly had no idea who I was. "Morgan, Morgan Jones." I extended my hand to him and looked around the room for more new faces.

My eyes landed on a pair of almond shaped Hazel eyes. There was an unknown guy glaring in my direction. Before I quickly stopped staring at the guy I caught a glimpse of him. His elevated height in comparison to mine, his broad shoulders, his shining Hazel eyes, his cocoa brown skin complexion, his big Brown lips and lastly his attire. Unlike the rest of us he was wearing a common t-shirt and basketball shorts. He had to be older than I was.

"Hey Devon," I summoned my newfound friend over for a brief conference. "Do you know who the boy near the window is?" I assumed my question wasn't understood as Devon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "There's no one by the window but I think Drake wants to talk to you."

Now it was my eyebrows furrowing as I faced the boy I was glancing at earlier. Drake, his name was, towered over me by a few inches with an extended hand. As I took his hand, distaste overshadowed my previous liking to Drake. His hands were really rough, I assumed from playing basketball. "I'm Drake and you, you are Morgan Jones." Fear set in while I heard my name. If he knew my name he had to know everything about the previous year.

Hoping and praying that I was wrong after all, I asked a question I was frightened to hear answered. "How did you know my name?" He just chuckled like I was some joke. "You know exactly how I knew your name." He glanced at me with a grin plastered on his face, by his countenance I could tell he was probably just trying to make fun of me. "Then why did you come over here?" He straightened up his face before he began. "Well-"

"Don't lie either," my pointed index finger threatened him. "Well isn't it obvious." Contrary to my beliefs, he must have been gay too. He looked at me from the top of my curly hair to the bottom of my hideous school shoes and bit his bottom lip as his head shook in disbelief. His eyes began to come back up but landed on my rump. "My eyes are up here."

"Oh I know," he smiled before returning to my dark brown pupils. "Thanks" was all I managed to say in response to his gaze. "So how old are you, Morgan?" I was beyond confused as to why he needed to know that. However, why didn't he already know. If he already knew about me then he should've known. "Old enough, why?" His chuckles faded into my ears before he responded. "I wanted to make sure that my new boyfriend wasn't too young." That was odd, why on earth would he think I was too young. I was very mature regardless of my age. Wait!

"Your new boyfriend, who said that I was your new boyfriend." Although I was young, I knew what boyfriends were and Drake and I weren't them. "I said you are." He stepped forward and pulled me close.