Alternate ending

Also titled, When Cole Fell, Jay Didn't Let Him Fall Alone...

•••

So, I've been getting into Ninjago again after only recently having found out that it has more seasons now and, I may not have watched everything yet, but I've heard and seen enough to get the gist of it.
Anyways, I've seen the part of Ninjago in Season 10 where Cole falls and then Jay yells for him and I had to write an alternate scene to how that fall played out. Bare with me, this was rushed and isn't actually written out to be a finished fic yet, more of the general idea I have for it.
But, I may never actually finish it and I felt like sharing it! Again, it was 3 in the morning for me when I wrote this, so it probably sucks.
Either way, I hope you all enjoy!

•••

When Cole falls Jay screams for him, reaches for him, knows it isn't enough and, without thinking, let's go of the ladder and falls after him. He watches the panic and fear flare brighter in Cole's eyes who's not just scared for himself anymore but for his stupid, reckless friend too. Jay doesn't care.

He ignores the cries from the ship, ignores the approaching darkness, ignores the wind rushing past and tugging at him with cold, harsh fingers. All he cares about is Cole and he reaches out for him.

He grabs his hand and tugs hard until he's hugging him with every ounce of strength he can. Cole hugs back just as tightly and curls himself around his smaller brother, determined to absorb most of the impact.

Cole passes out when he hits the ground, his earth element protecting his body enough to only bruise him. Jay's breath is knocked out of him and he's sent sprawling across the floor from Cole's slackened unconscious grip where he happens to smack headfirst right into the corner of a desk and pass out.

He slowly comes too, a warm liquid sluggishly making it's way down his face and he begins to sit up, confused, and touches the large cut on his head and hisses at the stinging, pulling his fingers away coated in blood.

He looks around him, confused to find himself in a news office with slowly approaching shadowy tendrils, a busted skylight and the limp body of Cole ahead of him surrounded by pieces of said shattered skylight. Reality smacks him and Cole's name is torn from his lips in a desperate and fearful cry.

He stumbles over to his friend, tears burning at the corners of his eyes and threatening to blur his vision. He softly mutters Cole's name, shaky hands hovering uselessly for a moment, fearful of doing something wrong before finally going to check his pulse.

Cole's alive!

The relief is so immense that Jay doubles over his friend, hands fisting in the other's gi as he sobs in relief. Cole slowly wakes up to the sound of Jay's distress, confused and worried. His heavy hands twitch uselessly for a moment before going up to touch his brother's face.

Dark eyes trace the other's face, eyes squinting at the sign of blood and tears, fingers moving to gently brush away the brown strands and reveal the damage. Thankfully, it's not too bad but Cole finds himself asking through a torn throat if Jay's alright anyways.

Jay can only nod weakly and laugh through his tears, still shaking hands releasing the other's wrinkled shirt to instead clasp the hand still holding his face.

Good ole Cole, always worrying about others before himself and it's a sign to Jay that everything is going to be okay.

•••

Ye, this sucks. I'm tired. And I want more lego brother moments.