Oneshot

Triggerwarning: mention of rape, ptsd and panic attack

In this FF I don't want to romanize mental illnesses or other subjects like that. I know something like this FF will never happen in real life. Mental illnesses aren't something beautiful. But remember this is just a FanFiction and I hope I don't offend anyone with this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Cathy's POV

It's 5 am. I'm sitting in the living room while reading a book. My sleeping schedule is really fucked up. But I need to finish this chapter. I hear steps. It's probably Jane. She always wakes up first. The person is going straight to the kitchen. I'm muting a "Good morning" without looking up from my book. The person says "Hi". But her voice doesn't sound like Janes. I'm looking up and ask "Kit? What are you doing here? It's 5 am" It's dark but I can see that she is turning around and looking in my direction. "I just want to drink some water" her voice sounds broken. I can hear that she had cried before. I get up and walk towards her. "Are you okay?" I ask. She nods and says "Yeah...ehm...I think I will go back to sleep" She wants to go but I stop her by grabbing her arm. "Kitty. What happened?" She escapes my grip. "Nothing. I just wanted to drink something." "But you didn't drink anything", I reply. She is silent. After a few seconds she says "It's nothing. I swear" In the light of the sunrise I can see her face. Her eyes are red. But I realize that she doesn't want to talk about the fact why she was crying. "Okay. If you say so... Do you want to drink a cocoa?", I ask her. She smiles. I know that Kit loves my cocoa. It's always something that can cheer her up. She nods. We both walk into the kitchen and she sits down. I begin to mix the warm milk with the cocoa powder. We both don't say anything. But my thoughts are all about her. I'm worried. I know she had a rough past and all I want for her now is happiness. She really deserves it. After I mixed the two ingredients I put a few mini marshmallows on top of it. I know she loves them, especially the pink ones. I turn around with the cup in my hand. She sits at the table and plays with a pink strand of her hair. I put the drink in front of her and sit down on a chair to her left. "Bon appètit" She smiles really bright. "Thank you" she says and begins to drink. Now I notice that she is trembling. Only a little bit but I can see it. "Are you cold?" She shakes her head "It's just...I...I just had a bad dream. That's all" She looks down at her cup. I put my hand on her arm. Tears are forming in her eyes again. "Shhh", I say, trying to calm her down „It's okay. You are safe here"
"It's just...I could feel all the hands again on my body...and I felt so helpless..." Her voice breaks. A few tears are running down her cheeks. She puts the cup down and wipes the tears away. My other hand takes her hand. "You are safe here. I swear. I will never ever let something like that happen to you again. I will protect you." She looks me in the face. Straight into my eyes. Her eyes are still red. I feel like she wants to see in my eyes if I mean these words truthfully. So I stare back at her. And then. Suddenly. I feel warm soft lips on mine. After a few seconds I realize that Kit kisses me. It is unexpected. But it doesn't feel wrong. It actually feels right. And then it stops. And Kit looks just as shocked as I do. "I'm sorry...I..." She stutters. But instead of telling her it's not a problem, I put our lips back together. And this warm feeling comes back. It was a short kiss but long enough to tell that I liked it. Kit blushes. "Do you want another cocoa?" I ask to make the situation less awkward. She smiles and nods. In this moment I hear footsteps. Kit and I look at the person who enters the kitchen. "Hey..." Says Jane, who didn't expect to see us here. "Did I miss something?" She asks. I look at Kit and she looks at me. I grin. "No, you didn't" And with that I begin to mix another cocoa.