part (I)

Author's Note

This is a work of fiction. Names of characters,places are just  imaginary.
I'm not sure if my story is making sense. I may change the goal post depending on how the story goes bearing in mind that I'm writing straight from my brain which isn't Albert Eisten- like.
So bear with me. Give me ideas. Ignore typos ' coz come on, we're all human.
I want your feedback though.
Enjoy.

Love,Lydia G.

Prologue.

"He may have hurt you real bad. I know. And this sucks but that doesn't mean I too will. At least not deliberately. I might sound selfish but I'm happy the douchebag left you and that too with a beautiful baby boy. Just give me a chance to be not only in your life but also in Mark's. I'll make it worthwhile. You won't regret a thing."
This sounded too good to hear. Just like how the stupid politicians make promises to the citizens and forget everything until their 5- year term is over.
"No,Peter. We may have been childhood friends but we're not the same people anymore. I'm a mom and  a student as well. I'm full of baggage and broke. I depend on mom to pay for my school fees as well as provide for my kid while I'm away at the varsity. Being with you will make me look like a charity case and an opportunist... You don't deserve all this baggage not when I uh-uh... I literally rejected you before. I'm sorry."
Lorna could not allow herself to fall back in the shackles of love. She remembered just like it was yesterday when she cried herself to sleep praying that her son's father would come back. But her new suitor was adamant about being in her life.
"Don't even go there. Pleas. Yes,you've a son,so what? He's just like my own. That's how I see him. Yes you're a student and broke. That doesn't mean you'll forever be.!! Hell,I've no value for my money if it's not helping the people I care about. I want to spend on you and your.. our son. Stop being so stubborn please. And to hell with what people are going to say or think. It's our lives,our rules."