chapter one

chester walks in to the, too familiar office building, and smiles at ally.

chester's pov:

"good morning chester. do you want coffee this morning?", ally, chester's co-worker, said.

he laughs and shakes his head, "ally you don't have to...it's okay."

ally got up instantly and grinned, "it's okay chester i can go get you one! caramel macchiato with two dollops of sugar..."

chester gave a confused look, "wait how do you kn-..."

"...i'll be back chester!", ally giggles.

chester laughs, "um okay"

chester walks to his desk and puts his briefcase down on the stain-covered carpet.

he makes a disgusted look and lifts his head to see his friend, brent.

"chester what up my main man?!"

chester laughs, "hey brent. nothing"

brent widens his eyes, "nothing? well it sure looks like little miss perfect over there has a crush on you."

chester raises his eyebrows, "ally?..."

brent nods his head with wide eyes.

"...no. no. no. are you kidding me?"

"dude you need to ask her out", brent said.

chester shook his head while laughing, "look brent i'm not really looking to be in a relationship right now. go work or jones is going to fire you."

brent raised his hands as if saying 'sorry dude...i'll back off'

~1 hour later~

"yes miss we understand your concerns and we will handle them immediately."

i've been on the phone with a customer for over 30 minutes and i am so done with their complaints.

"look miss we will try our hardest and we are very very sor-..."

the office door opened and it wasn't ally, brent, cindy, john, daniel, or meghan. it was this new girl.

"...sorry m'am i have to go."

grace's pov:

i looked at the building i once came into before for my interview, and it gave me butterflies. i finally got a job after months of interviewing different businesses. this is it.

i open the door and this sweet young lady greeted me with a smile, "hi i'm ally."

we shook hands, "hi my name is grace."

"oh grace are you the new accountant here?"

i grin because i am way too excited to start this job, "yes that is me."

we both laugh and she leads me to a room, "here talk to mr. jones he will tell you everything you need to know!"

"thank you"

i started walking into the room and then turned my head to look at her again, "by the way...i love your top"

she smiled, "aw thank you so much! i love yours too girl."

i smiled because i already felt welcome here.

i walked into mr. jones' office and greeted him, "good morning mr. jones it's nice to see you again"

he smiled back, "and you as well, so grace for today it's pretty much a free day for you. you can just ease in here and take notes. you just do whatever you want today and then later we will help you get settled in"

i smiled widely because i believe this is the best boss i've ever had, "thank you very much mr. jones. i am very glad to be working here."

mr. jones stood up and gestured me to the door, "i am going to introduce you to our other accountant here. he will show you around and help you out with anything you need. his name is chester and i think you'll like him."

we walked down the hallway until we reached his desk.

"chester this is grace, our new accountant. help her out why don't ya." he then winked at chester.

"will do sir", he smiled.

his eyes slowly traced back to me, "hi my name is chester."

i smile and pause for a moment because this man is hot, "h-hi i'm g-grace."

he laughs, "well nice to meet you g-grace. so first...do you really want a tour around the office or would you rather just talk about what you're going to do here and just hang out with me?"

i giggle like an idiot because he makes me nervous and i don't know why, "i'd rather just hang out with you actually."

he smiled and raised his hand to me, "cool. high five."

i instantly high fived him because why the hell not. i mean this guy is cute. i'll high five him any day.

"hey chester i am going to go to the bathroom, so i will be back and hang out with you."

he smirks, "well alright...i will be here waiting"

chester's pov:

"well alright...i will be here waiting."

once she left i called for brent, "brent! dude!"

brent turned around to face chester, "yeah dude what's up?"

chester raised one of his eyebrows, "remember when i said i wasn't looking to be in a relationship?"

"um yeah...why?"

i smiled, "well i think i lied..."

grace started walking back from the bathroom.

"...i want to be in a relationship."

grace smiled, "i'm back"

i blushed and smiled back, "i'm glad."