viii. retribution [part. I]

chapter 8 - retribution[part

[part. I]

➳ ➳

After Clarke and Lexa's meeting came to a close, the blonde made her way back up the steep hill and into the gates of her camp. On each side of her, two warriors on separate horses, accompanied her towards Camp Jaha, where they would remain and wait for Finn to be handed over. Her heart was heavy and her mind was severely clouded, as she joined the rest of the residents who were all gathered around the entrance, waiting for her to return. How could she possibly deliver the news that the only way for a truce, was for Finn to be executed?

She could barely even fathom the thought herself, and now, she would unfortunately have to let the words leave her lips, making the thought actually come into existence. There was no doubt that her heart was breaking with each and every step that she took. She knew that she couldn't let the boy die, especially considering the way that they felt about each other. However, Finn wasn't exactly innocent anymore, and life on the ground has yet to ever go according to plan...

As Clarke walked through the gates, ironically, Finn was the first one to run up to her.

"Are you okay?" He questioned her, but Clarke didn't answer him right away. Instead, she quickly turned around and ordered the guards to shut the gates, before the two warriors standing on the other side could even think about forcing their way in to retrieve the boy.

"You can't be out here." She finally replied to Finn, while grabbing his arm and dragging him away from the exit.

Bellamy noticed the disheartening look on the blonde's face, and followed closely behind while the others in the camp remained fixated on the two threatening men standing outside of their walls. Abby, Raven, and other members of the Ark ran towards them as well, and soon a small crowd formed as they all awaited to hear what had happened during the meeting.

"What did she say?" Her mother questioned her, as they released each other from a greeting hug. "Is there a chance for a truce?"

"Yes." Clarke stated. Her voice only above a whisper, and her face lacking any emotion.

"What's wrong?" Finn asked worriedly, taking notice of her tone and expression.

She turned around slightly, and faced him, looking directly in his eyes. "...They want you." The crowd that was surrounding them, all looked at each other in confusion wondering what exactly that statement meant. "If we want a truce," She continued. "We have to give them Finn."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven questioned her.

"That's their offer."