Chapter 49

Chapter 49: Justice

"The witness is excused. The prosecution may call the next witness," the judge said, the reason why I started fidgeting my hands and chattering my teeth. It's the second witness, but who will be it?

My forehead creased when the bailiff took the second witness out. She's wearing formal attire with her hair tied up, and she looks relaxed as she walks to the witness stand.

"Do you promise that the affirmation you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do," she swore with such confidence.

"Please state your first and last name."

"Alora Galvez," pagpapakilala ng babae at dumako sa akin saglit ang tingin. Si Morde ang nag-asikaso ng lahat at ang tanging ginawa ko lang naman ay ibigay ang mga kaunting impormasyon na mayroon ako.

"What is your work, Ma'am?" tanong ni Morde.

"I'm a researcher and toxicologist, and I work at Manila Forensic Service." Nung sumagot siya ay biglang sumagi sa isipan ko na may pumunta sa bahay para kunin ang urine ko at mukhang inobserbahan nila 'yon.

"How many years have you been working as a researcher and a toxicologist?" Morde questioned.

"Eight years," she replied without hesitation, and it seems that she already predicted all the questions that Morde is going to ask to her.

Lumapit si Morde sa lamesa at kinuha ang isang papel. "You did a test on Ms. Fontanilla's urine, right?"

The researcher nodded, but I'm curious why she needed to test my urine.

"And what did you see after testing it?"

"I saw semen on her urine." Everyone gasped because of shock, but my eyes went to Desmond, who flinched and swallowed hard. That semen seen in my urine belongs to him. Do you feel guilty now?

Ilang beses akong nagmakaawa sa kanya na itigil niya na ang ginagawa niya pero hindi siya nakinig sa akin. Ginawa niya lahat ng gusto niya dahil alam niyang mahina ako at labis ang pagkadisgusto ko sa kanya.

"Sa tingin mo ilang araw na itong nagtatagal sa katawan ng biktima?" tanong ni Morde na dahilan para alalahanin ko kung kailan nangyare ang araw na 'yon.

"Mag-iisang linggo na," diin ng researcher kaya mariin kong ipinikit ang mga mata ko at yumuko. Nakakahiya ka, Eliza.

"I also saw semen on her saliva, which means that they also did oral sex," Ms. Galvez added, and it was precise because Desmond aggressively did that to me. I feel so disgusted, but I just cried that time because of how brutal it was.

Halos pandirihan ko na ang sarili ko dahil sa ginawa niya sa akin, ni tingnan ang sarili ko ay napapa-iyak na lang ako dahil sa galit. Nakita niya na kung anong ginawa niya sa akin? Masaya na ba siya dahil maging ako ay naaasiwa na rin sa sarili ko?