pictures

Link's POV Age 14
"I think I'm going to go home and take a shower." Rhett smiled as he hopped on his bike. We were both finally dry after swimming together in the lake.
"Please do, you STINK!" I teased, plugging my nose.
"I bet I smell better than you talk!"
"Absolutely not true!"
"Absolutely not true!" Rhett mimicked me, making fun of my accent.
"Oh whatever. See you at school tomorrow, loser!" I started pedalling off.
"See you at school, doofus!" Rhett yelled back as he pedalled towards his house. Once I got home I took my camera out of my bag. It was full. That was weird, I don't remember filling it? Oh well, must've taken some accident pictures riding home from the lake. I might as well take the pictures to get printed. I have some cute photos of Rhett that I took at the sleepovers. Before that, I should probably hop in the shower. I quickly cleaned myself off and got into a new change of clothes.
"Lincoln, lunch is ready!" My mom called from the living room.
"Coming, mom!" I headed towards the living room and grabbed my sandwich. "Thanks, momma."
"No problem, sweetheart!" I got my shoes on and sat under a tree outside. I entertained my thoughts as I ate my sandwich. Nobody else knew about Rhett and I. Nobody. I finished my sandwich and poked my head back inside.
"I'm going to print my pictures at the print shop!" I smiled, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.
"Okay sweetie. Stay safe!"
"I will mama!" I closed the door and hopped on my bike. I pedalled and pedalled until I reached the print shop. About 30 minutes later I had my photos and headed home. When I got back it was already 2 p.m. I put my bag next to my bed and did some chores. I ate dinner, watched tv, did a little more chores, and before I knew it I was going to sleep. I hadn't even looked at the photos yet. So, I pulled the prints out of my bag as I sat on my bed, using my bedside lamp as the light. I looked at the pictures that had come out of my camera.
Some beautiful photos of the sky that I took. Then a silly photo Rhett took of me. Great pictures of the lake, a few photos of Rhett and I, and finally the pictures I was looking for. The photos I took of Rhett last night. The first picture was Rhett sitting looking out the door. He hadn't realized I had pulled my camera out. The next one, Rhett looking into the camera. Adorable. Then a photo of Rhett smiling. Then some dorky pictures of Rhett winking and posing at the camera. Then, one of him kissing me. You couldn't see my face in the photo because of how I had the camera. But you can see Rhett kissing me. Shocked by the kiss, though not our first, I had moved my arm. Therefore the angle we got. The next photos we're back where I had the camera infront of my left eye. Rhett kissing the camera like a geek. Rhett smiling again, and then two photos Rhett making a heart. One looking at the camera, one looking at me. I needed to put ALL of these on my wall. The photos I remembered taking were over. I expected the rest to be of just darkness, since I must've accidentally taken them. However the final photos were different. Rhett had taken photos of himself. He was sticking his tongue out and winking, crossing his eyes, and doing some other silly faces. He must've taken them while I went to the bathroom before we went to sleep. He took about 50 of them. I giggled to myself. "What a nerd." I mumbled to myself. I guess I'll put these photos on my wall too. But for now, I just had to sleep. I put the new prints into the drawer of my bedside table and turned the lamp off. Tucking myself in, I smiled.
My nerd.