Chapter 1

Naomi's POV

I was running through a field of flowers. What was I running from, though? More like, who, was I running from? I could see a small, wooden hut just up ahead, maybe around 20 yards, I was guessing? As I got closer, the air was filling with the smell of bacon. Odd, I thought. The smell became stronger as I neared the hut, the flowers seeming to disappear. I turned around, trying to get a glimpse of what was following me.

There, now standing in front of me, was me. Except, I was different. My hair was longer than my normally shoulder length, and instead of it being wavy and brown, it was curly and blonde. My green eyes seemed more clear and confident, and stood out. Perhaps it was the eyeliner on the new me, which I normally suck at. 

The thing that stood out most to me about how different I looked was my head. Yah, the hair was different, but there was also a beautiful daisy, much larger than normal daisies. Instead of a stem, the flower was connected to a brown beanie. I started yelling at myself. "Bacon, Naomi! BACON!!!" I was confused, but the smell of bacon was still growing. 

My eyes slowly opened, returning me to reality. Five more minutes, I tell myself, as I close my eyes again. Before I could return to the field, my younger sister snapped her fingers in my face, saying what Dream Naomi was saying before.

"Bacon, Naomi, WE'RE HAVING BACON!!!" Sarah screamed at me. 

"Stop! Fine, I'll get up! Go out!" I pointed to the door, and took in a deep sigh, sitting up. My younger sister ran out of my room, continuing to scream about bacon. I head to the bathroom down the hall, to get ready. I hurry as fast as I can, so the bacon doesn't get cold.

I head into the kitchen, but I can't see the bacon anywhere. My pocket starts vibrating, and I answer my phone. "Hey, breakfast is in the microwave. I didn't want the dogs to get it," my mom tells me.

"Ok, thanks! By the way, I'm going to go out with friends for my birthday tomorrow, so you don't need to make dinner for me."

"Naomi, I was going to make you some chicken alfredo for dinner." She sighed, and both of us were silent for a moment. "I guess I'll just order pizza..."

I was upset she didn't tell me about my favorite dinner, although I should have guessed. I want to spend my birthday with friends, though... Wait are we're going to a Chinese restaurant, that's delicious too! But chicken alfredo, that's the best! But I already made plans with friends for dinner and I can't just cancel on them last minute! But mom wanted to supr- "Anyways, I'm gonna give you your present tomorrow, what time are you leaving?" she interrupted my train of thought.

"We're gonna leave around noon, cause we're going shopping and doing some other stuff too. That would be cool by the way, uh, thanks?" 

"Alright, Naomi. I'll let ya eat now, hope you enjoy! Love you, goodbye." She hung up on me, and I went to Spootifi to listen to my favorite playlist. It was calm but it also had a good beat to it, which is one of the reasons I love this playlist so much. 

After I finish eating, I go back into my room to get a bracelet and my purse. I head out the front door, ready to go see my boyfriend. I dial Logan's number and press call. He picks up almost immediately, and we start talking as I get into my car.

"Hey Nomi! What's up?"

I'm half tempted to say 'the sky', but decide against it as Logan thinks it's annoying, along with most of my other friends. "Nothin' much, just headed over to your house right now, thought I'd give you a call!"

"Ok, I'll see you soon, babe!"

"Love you, Logan!" I hung up and focused on my driving. It takes about 10 minutes to get to his house, so I just thought of what we should do for our date later tonight. Maybe we could go swimming, or to the movies? The amusement park would be fun as well, but I want to save up as much as possible, so I don't know if that would be the best idea. I guess I'll just make Logan decide when I get there. Haha.

I pull up in Logan's driveway, and head inside. I don't knock, because his family is pretty much my family by this point and they've told me on countless occasions that it's fine for me to just walk in. 

"Logan, I'm here!" The tv turns on. Odd, I think, inspecting the screen closely. Goosebumps creep across my skin, and somebody grabs my arm. Without thinking, I pull my arm forward and jab it behind me. 

"Ow! Nomi! What the hell!" I turn to meet Logan's eyes, wondering down to his hand which was now holding his hip.

"Oh shoot! Sorry! Don't creep up on me like that! Are you ok?!" 

"Yah, I'm fine, sorry for scaring you." He gives me a hug. I love his hugs, he's so gentle and sweet with them... I look up at his face, staring into his beautiful blue eyes, his golden hair slightly blocking one of them. I stood up on my toes and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

 "Anywho," I begin, "where should we go for date night?"

Logan puts his finger on his chin playfully, saying, "We could go get some icecream?"

I grinned from ear to ear. He knows me too well! "Ok, should we take your car or mine?"

"We can take my car." he says, and grabs his keys from on top of his piano. As we're driving to our favorite icecream shop, we pass by many beautiful houses and yards. I wish I could live in one of those houses one day, I think to myself.

When we finally arrive, we head out and into the icecream shack, Dream's Icecream. "One scoop of cookie dough and one scoop of cake batter for me, please," I tell the employee. "Oh, and some of your famous hot sauce too." The cashier just looked at me, before I realized my mistake. "Wait, no! Not hot sauce! I meant hot fudge!" Logan chuckled at my mistake, as did the cashier.

"Alright." The cashier turned to Logan, asking, "And what would you like?"

Logan stood there, looking at the menu for a few minutes, before finally telling him, "I'd like 2 scoops of cookies n' cream, with peanut butter cups and caramel on top. I'd also like some of your famous hot sauce." Logan and the cashier began laughing again. I put my hands up to block my face.

Logan stops smiling and puts an arm around me. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" I ask.

"For teasing you. I shouldn't have done that, sorry." 

I smile, and tell him, "It's ok." 

We grab our icecream and head over to the park which was conveniently right next to Dream's Icecream. We sit down on a cute bench out-looking the city. "Wow," I begin, "the view is amazing!"

"It sure is."