Chapter Three

I got to hand it to Corby for booking me a first-class ticket. I thought I had to worry about cramping myself up in commercials and finding it hard to sleep. I hardly sleep in a crowded place. Not that I have the guts to be picky. If I had been booked for a commercial, I would've gone, still.

I placed my bag in the compartment above me before sliding into the chair next to the window. I guess the plane was not ready to take off yet so I sent a quick text to Corby saying I just got on board the plane and then sent a message to Kay telling her to wish me luck.

The flight attendant passed by my seat and I smiled up at her. She gave me an uncomfortable nod of her head before scurrying off. I glared around me before opening the compartment in front of me. In it was eyewear for sleeping and earplugs.

I was just about to get into the mood of snuggly do-do when a young man sat next to me. By God!, I'm happy I wasn't yet sleeping or I would've snored the hell out of him. I stared at him from the corner of my eyes and he was looking straight ahead of him.

I thought about saying hi since he'd be my seatmate for the five hours and forty-four minutes flight to Florida. The pilot announced we were taking off so I quickly slipped the eyewear into my hands in case I needed it in a few minutes cause I am sure as hell, I will need it.

The flight attendant from before rolled a trolley to where we sat, I stared up at her as she widened her eyes when she saw the stranger seating by him. No doubt he's handsome but I'm too much of a bitch or a coward to look at him. I will eventually, maybe when he's asleep.

"What drink would you like, please," The attendant said.

"Pinot noir"

"Pinot noir". I and the man both answered at the same time. I stared at him for the first time since he sat down. He was attractive but so not my style. He had blonde hair and wears khakis. He's cute but I'll sooner the Atlantic Ocean dries up before I take a liking to another blonde guy in my entire life. I had enough of so many Blakes for once in my life.

He smiled at me and I returned it only slightly uncomfortable. I looked over at the attendant and she was already pouring our drinks into a flute.

"Would you also like breakfast? Or would you have it later?"

"No breakfast for me," I said and looked out the window. We were soaring high in the clouds and I wished I could reach down and touch the fluffy-looking clouds but there was a glass and clouds are made of water, not cotton candy.

"Just the wine is fine. Thank you" The man said. The attendant handed us both our drinks before rolling away. I gulped mine in a rush and set the glass down.

"Do you mind if I close the curtains?" I asked him. He took the time to turn away from his drink and stared at me, looking from the window to me.

"It's cool. I intend to pass out in a few" He said so I quickly shut the curtain together, put on the eyewear and the earplugs before resting my head back against the head of the chair.

...

I wheeled my box towards the expressway. I called an uber a minute ago and I'm still here standing by the sidewalk. I glanced at my wristwatch to see it was past one. Five minutes ago, I was slumped against my chair sleeping.

I noticed the stranger from the plane walking toward me only now, he had a man in a suit and dark shades following right behind him. So what if he's a rich guy. He's still a blonde. I released an air against the strand of hair that fell to my face, but it didn't move much like in the movies though.

"You need a ride?" He called out. I'm sure he's talking to me cause we're the only ones on this sidewalk right now.

I made a face before turning to him. "No thank you. I called an uber some minutes ago and I'm sure it'll be here soon" With that, I started pulling my box so I was walking away from the stranger.