Present

In a small terrance house lives a young woman in her twenty absentmindedly watering her flower by the window. The flower sway with the wind happily bringing a smile on the young woman's lips.

She stroke the flower ever so gently as if it could wilt at any second. Looking at the flower, she couldn't help but remember once again to an incident where her best friend asked her a rather difficult question.

"Am I depressed?"

Her friend, Haru who was having a mental breakdown after being constantly bullied by her classmate asked with eyes filled with confliction.

She frowned with discomfort, not from the actual question by Haru but from herself. As not only did her mind become blank with any appropriate word that can help soot her friend's trouble but also something inside her began to crack and resurfaced. She was in deep turmoil as the question keeps repeating inside her head.

'What should I do?' She thought.

In the end, all that she could offer was a simple yet clumsy hug. She was more of an action based person after all. This however, startled Haru so much that she went silent for a good minute. She trembled at the sight of Haru began to bawling her eyes out while burrying deeper into the hug. She could only stay silent as Haru began spouting her discontent of her situation, the pain she felt and how she hasn't been feeling well this days.

After a solid 10 minute of bawling and spouting session, Haru finally calmed down a little. She grimace at the looks on Haru's face, as snort and tears ruins her usual bright and beautiful face.

'I hate this.' She thought.

With that thought in mind, she went on to wipe Haru's cheeks that was damped with tears with her oversize sleeve.

Haru eyes grew bigger by the second and another set of waterfall soon follows, watering her already damp cheek once more. It took Haru a couple of minute but she finally smiled, a genuine smile.

'Cute.' She thought.

Seeing Haru's smile cause her to feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Haru blushed redly after realizing the sleeve of the hoodie was currently soaked with her tears. Although she wasn't bother by it but Haru quickly refuted with a light punch on the shoulder causing it to sting a little.

"Thank you, for being here with me." Haru said. She offered another hug to Haru in which she embarassingly complied.

'So warm' She thought.

That day she promised herself to protect this warmness from any form of coldness of the world. She would stand and fight anyone or anything who dares to disrupt Haru's smile.

Until one day, Haru died.

Her death was ruled as suicide. She died alone in her own backyard surrounded by flowers she herself planted. The flower's color compliments her already pale skin, making her look...

so...beautiful...

so...peaceful...

...and so cold.

The funeral was done with small attendance and little was spoken as she had not many friends.

Haru's grave was quite empty of any offerings except a single beautiful pink camellia resting next to her grave.

The parent noticed a girl placed it there while muttering something before walking away from their daughter's grave and was never to been seen again.

The parents could only hope for the girl to not meet their daughter too soon as they got a glimpse on how deep the sadness of the said girl eyes hold.

"I miss you, my one and only sunshine." She said quitely while bringing a single hydrangea to her forehead.

**************************************
Flower meaning :

Pink camellia - to show longing (often given to someone who is missed.

Hydrangea - express gratitude for being understood.