01

I sat in my parents car, and I took in a deep breath. I know I would see him today, and I know it would be awkward. It was like this everyday. He was the most popular guy in school, and I was the most popular girl. But he had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend. We even use to be friends.

So I put on a smile, hoping that my cheeks wouldn't turn red when I saw him like always. I knew my heart would race, and my breathe would catch in my throat because it always happened.

So when I saw my boyfriend at the door I smiled, and acted like I still loved him how I did when we first started dating.

"Morning baby." He said. He was the typical rich, full of himself, golden boy.

"Hi." I said and he grabbed my hand. It felt so weird with him, to hold hands and pretend to be in love. He didn't love me, only himself.

When we walked in, that's when my breathe caught in my throat. Johnny had turned into the number one bad boy of SSA Region High. And I was pretty pure if I do say so myself. He was walking down the hall with his slut girlfriend under his arm. When I almost at my locker, I bumped into someone. I bumped into his slut.

"Hey, watch where your going fat ass!" She yelled.

"Coming from the girl with implants!" I yell back at her, and some students made and 'oooo' sound.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around. "What did you say to me bitch?"

"I think you heard me, bitch." I said back to her.

"Did you just call me a bitch?" She asks like she was offended.

"Sorry that I can't hide what you truly are." I said, and her eyes widen.

"Oh, your gonna fucking get it!" She yelled about to charge at me, but was stopped. We both turned out gaze to Johnny, who was looking at me.

"Go wait outside, Mia." He told her and the crowd left.

"Hello Aaliyah." He said, and I moved my gaze back to him.

"Johnny." I said. It was so awkward to be talking to him again. After all these years.

"How are you?" He asks me.

"I'm fine." I say with a sigh as I raked my fingers through my long blonde hair. "Yourself?"

"I'm fine." He says.

So then we just stood in the awkward silence. Josh, my boyfriend, had already went to class and missed all the commotion.

"Well, you should probably go check on your girlfriend." I say, and close my locker. I had gotten all my books out and ready for the next couple of periods.

"Why should I do that?" He asks me with a smirk. My cheeks instantly feel warm, and I want to hide my face.

"Because she's your girlfriend?" I ask him, as if I was questioning him.

"Well why would I be outside when--" He started to say, but was cut off by the bell ringing, signaling that we had to go to class. He sighed and hit the locker, causing me to jump.

"Bye Johnny." I said quietly.

"Goodbye, Aaliyah." He said, and we walked our separate ways. My heart was still racing in my chest, going faster then any other time I had ever even dared to look at him.

()()()()()()()()()

At lunch, I sat with my friend in my normal seat, at my normal table. New spreads fast around this school, so the minute I sat down, I was questioned.