Part 1

Credit to the Gif creator

Summary: When Draco visits Goyle, he meets the reader and finds he has unexpected and troublesome feelings for her.

Word Count: 1290

Warnings: A little bit of angst for Draco, not the reader.

A/N: This is my first Draco Malfoy fanfic, I hope you enjoy it and please, feel free to send me a message or comment, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

Draco was grateful to finally to be out of his family home, even if it was only for a week or so. With Voldemort back and his father incarcerated at Azkaban, the house had become quite unbearable and besides, he didn't feel right about what was being asked of him when he returned to Hogwarts for the following school year. With the summer drawing to a close, he was feeling more and more uneasy by the day, but what choice did he have? If he didn't do what he was told, Voldemort would probably kill him and his parents too. So with every passing day he felt his anger build, feeling as though he was being backed into a corner and his only way out was to do what was being asked of him.

When he arrived in Goyle's street it was a beautiful day, the sun shone down from the cloudless blue sky, bringing a small smile to his face for the first time in quite a while. It had been a long time since he was there last, but the row of expensive looking terraces seemed much the same and he wondered with a little disgust, how his friend managed living so close to muggles all his life. As he neared Goyle's house he saw his friend coming through the front door, making his way down the street to greet him. After a quick 'hello,' they headed back when a girl stepping from a car took Draco's attention. Even though she was a muggle, there was no denying her beauty. The highlights in her (HC) hair glistened under the sun's rays and the smile he was greeted with when her eyes fell upon him was the sweetest thing he had ever seen, causing a blush to reach his cheeks and his eyes to drop to the ground. When they made their way past her, she spoke to Goyle, her voice sounding as sweet as her smile, "Hi Gregory," was all she said, but it was enough to speed up Draco's heart.

Goyle gave a forced smile and a rather blunt "Hi" in return, barely even looking her in the eyes and for some unknown reason it annoyed Draco to no end.

Ignoring himself, he followed Goyle through the front door and no sooner had his friend closed the door behind him, did he ask, "Who was that?"

Goyle shrugged his shoulders in a rather disinterested manner, "That's just my muggle neighbour, (YN)," then looking a little worried, he added, "We're not friends or anything... but she always says 'hello'... I don't know why."

Trying to look impartial yet failing completely, Draco spoke, "I don't ever remember seeing her here before."

Again, Goyle shrugged his shoulders, giving a little shake of his head, "Yeah, she only moved in last year."

Draco felt his interest in the girl growing and it made him rather uncomfortable to know that his eyes and voice were giving it all away, but he thanked Merlin that Goyle was too dim witted to notice. Dropping the subject, he followed Goyle up the stairs to settle himself into the guest room.