Untitled Part 1

PAGE [1]

I don't remember why we were here, or how we got there, but we were outnumbered by hideous creatures, we pushed our way through this place and found a bridge, a single bridge across a large chasm of sorts. In the depths below we could see a fog and shapes within moving around, it was my guess this was some sort of breeding grounds for these things.

At first we made out way through this place easily, there was nothing here but empty halls and rooms with strange things within, machines and equipment unknown to us. After reaching what we believed to be the fifth floor deep underground, members of our expedition started going missing. At first we just thought that they were just looking around, but after the third person disappeared we decided that nobody is to go any ware alone.

And that's when it happened, we heard a scream and took off to see what had happened, we came around the corner to see a horrible looking thing dragging away one of our people, we opened fire on it and the rounds just tore through it, they bounced off the walls behind creating sparks flicking in the dark passage behind it.

It screeched at us and ran off, looking down to the person it left behind; we noticed she had passed out. we grabbed her and her weapon and decided that is there is some thing going around taking our people we need to stop it some how.

But the worst has yet to come, as we were coming up with a plan we heard a noise, now at this point none of us were outside the room, so two of use went to take a look and as soon as the door was nearly closed they immediately opened fire on, what appeared to be one of the missing people, his head leaned back with eyes rolled into his skull pulsating growths on his legs and arms. It lurched forwards and we all shot at it, but the rounds just went through it like before, we watched the holes ooze with green shit dripping onto the floors as it moved forwards slowly.

One of the heavy soldiers pushed through us and pumped a shotgun blast into the head blowing it into bits and pieces, you know the whole to kill a zombie shoot it in the head? Well it didn't work. The king kept moving towards us slowly at first, but the moment it was within 5 feet the thing made a rapid lunge at one of us, slicing him open.

We retreated back around the corner into the room sealing the door shut and dragging our injured with us, he started twitching on the ground and we noticed that green shit from that creature was on his wound and it slowly sank into him, we watched in horror as his body changed before us into one of those things.

Somebody, one of the scientists, opened a crate behind us and brought out what was inside, some kind of weapon from the looks of it, he aimed it at the creature and it shot out a stream of blue light and burned a whole through that thing right in the chest. It fell to the ground and green shit pooled out around the body.

PAGE [2]

Nobody went near it, instead we took a look at that weapon, it used some kind of energy and there were others there as well. In different sizes and shapes, yet if those weapons can do that, then why were those creatures here in the first place? What happened to those who made these weapons?

We heard nothing from the corridors outside the room; the person who was unconscious had awoken and was fine. No wounds or even a slight scratch, so we started opening crates left and right and doing our best to figure out what each thing inside was and what it did. Most of them were not weapons of any sort; instead they seemed to be various tools of unknown use.

What weapons we did find seemed to have some kinda of re charging energy for ammunition, but it was slow. To slow for large engagements, but if it was just one to three monsters we could deal with them.

Hours went by after that and the few of us that remained that did not get separated, we moved in a large group and we found a bridge so we started to cross it.

Waiting a while I stayed behind claiming to wait to see if others survived, but in reality I just wanted to end it right then and there, so I jumped towards the chasm with explosives ready, and then I heard some yelling from behind. Mid flight I looked back to see two of our heavier outfitted men were lumbering behind dragging their heavy weapons along the ground.

They had not fallen to those things, the creatures behind them were gaining. To be honest, I thought they had died long ago, or turned into those things, but this was some good news at least, so I decided I would stand and fight with them, though I still armed the explosives and dropped them into the fog below.

I used my jet pack and flew over to the bridge entrance once more and opened fire on those things as the two men charged past me and set up their heavy weapons and also returned fire.

They were extremely thankful, I was amazed, these two not only held their own against these things in such heavy armor and equipment, they told me they made it this far just listening to the comms, they couldn't respond with theirs as they were broken.

We moved slowly back as the bullets only partially slowed those things down, even with those cannons they were using. We had reached the center area of the bridge, like a small fortress like area and looked back to see a horde of creatures rushing the bridge, so we sent the explosives towards them destroyed that section of the bridge.

I told them how I stayed back from the others and decided death was a better alternative then becoming one of those things, and that's when I saw them. Still fighting and pushing forwards I decided not to. They didn't seem to care about my reasons only that I had helped them.

PAGE [3]

From then on we stuck together and made our way across the bridge, we could listen through the comms about other members still going on, but we never saw them or even any signs of battle as we moved through this strange underground place.

Each corridor, each passage way, empty, not even a single bullet shell or energy cartridge was on the ground. The comms just kept repeating "If anybody can hear this keep pushing forwards we've set up a small area in a room that's secure"

But the further we pushed the stranger things got, the creatures became less fearsome, less aggressive and in fewer numbers, at first it was a good sign, maybe we were getting closer to where the comms message was coming from, but again not a single sign of battle, granted those creatures drag away the dead and fallen into the darkness, Only for them to rise as one of them. We are not sure how it works but the idea of becoming one of them is horrible.

We saw it happen earlier on when we first entered this place, even if we don't remember how we got here, as those things came upon us, each one that fell was dragged away by another, when one of us, even just for a moment got down to do anything and was just slightly away from the group, they would grab them and drag them away.

We started shooting our own as they were dragged away, we noticed that when they came back they could use our weapons and equipment, thus we had the idea that if they could do this because they took the living back, what would come from taking back the dead. And it proved to be useful, when they took the dead, those that came back could not use our weapons. So we shot those being taken, unless they shot themselves. Some even used grenades to take some of those things with them.

Naturally we figured it out, nobody was alive but us. Those things, some how used the voices of those they took over the coms to lead other survivors further in. proceeding any farther would be folly, we chose to look for other routes that we could take instead.

[NOTE]

I only made 3 pages of this, so if you expect more, sorry I have none.  Maybe I could make more, but I am not so sure about this one.  The other things I have typed are considerably longer.