part thirty nine

"there she be," jj said as he pushed open the heavy door of the warehouse where the phantom sat inside

"there she be," jj said as he pushed open the heavy door of the warehouse where the phantom sat inside. the large white ship was on top of a trailer pulley.

"hey, girl." the blonde smiled as he pulled the cover from off the bow and stared at it's glossy finish in awe. "the phantom. the first boat to make the run to bermuda in under 16 hours. 40 years old. 40! and still the fastest thing kildare's ever seen."

riley couldn't help but to let a smile creep onto her face as she watched jj go on and on in amazement of the thing. she didn't think she'd ever seen him so passionate about something, other than his gun of course.

the boy had always had a love for boats. riley remembered jj telling her all about it when he had taken her on the hms pogue that night. to riley, it felt like that night had occurred centuries ago.

"it's kind of a junker," kie muttered.

"it's amazing," riley covered for her sister while nudging her in the ribs softly. "could just use a touch up or two maybe."

"really? she's right there guys. she can hear you," the boy shook his head, resting his hand on the boat. "let's just put it this way, you both would not be smoking weed right now if she never never existed, okay?"

kie turned to her twin with wide eyes, "you smoke?"

"hell yeah she does," jj replied with a proud look on his face. riley blushed as she looked down at the ground, not answering the question for herself.

"well i just hope the thing runs," kie shrugged, her eyes focusing back on the boat.

"oh, she'll run alright," he assured them, getting ready to prepare the boat as they heard a motorcycle pull up to the warehouse.

"pope, finally," kie sighed in relief, as her and riley walked to the back of the warehouse. but it wasn't pope. not even close.

"hey there," rafe cameron waltzed into the building as if he owned the place. "there's my girl! been looking all over for you, riley."

the twins shot each other worried looks before booking it back over to where jj stood. "woo-hoo!" they heard. turning their heads again, the group saw that another person had appeared next to rafe. barry.

jj grabbed riley's arm and pulled her quickly behind him. he attempted to reach for kiara but couldn't make it in time before barry pulled a handgun from his pocket and pointed it at jj's chest.

riley was gripping onto the blonde's arm so hard she was sure it was going to leave bruises. he looked back at her as if everything was fine, and when she loosened her grip he raised his hands as if to surrender.

riley's heart thumped rapidly in her chest at the sight of the gun pointing towards jj. she shuddered with fear at the thought of barry actually taking the shot.