The Escape

"He escaped? How?", panic laces my voice as I walk out the door.
"If I knew, you'd know!", Nat smirks a little, hiding her worry as she walks alongside me.
I tug at my shirt and adjust the rest of my outfit as I walk. I'd gotten used to getting into my combat outfit quickly- black boots, skin-tight leggings, and a comfortable dark-colored shirt. The brisk walk towards the common room was impossibly long and filled with anxious silence.
"Let's go to the jet and discuss our plan. Loki is already too far ahead of us.", Steve turns his head towards Tony and the others as he walks out, almost knocking into us. He mutters a sorry and stalks off towards the Jet.
"You gonna go talk to him? Or should I?"
"Nah, you went last time right? I got this.", her lips form a full-fledged smirk as she winks and catches up to Steve as I wait for the others to filter out.
"What's got him in a twist?", I ask Tony as he grabs a snack and closes the door behind him,
"Oh, you know, he misses his best friend. Really likes to keep them close. I think he's got a problem.", he suppresses a smile while my grinning doesn't seem to have an end. As I look to my right I see Steve and Nat. Waving at them I continue,
"Yeah, especially this one. Close and behind bars.", giggling a little as I board the tiny plane, causing various pairs of eyes to look at me. Feigning innocence I quickly replace my smile with tight lips,
"Don't look at me, I'm not the one making jokes all the time.", Tony gives me his are you kidding me look as he straps himself in one of the chairs. The mood in the jet eases a little as we discuss the plan of attack. Slowly, I drift into sleep, feeling a sense of calm, knowing exactly what I can do to help knock some sense into Loki.

I'm shaken awake by an oddly familiar touch. My eyes spring open as I realize who it is.
"You're supposed to be in your room! Wait! You ran away!", I panic as I remember today's events.
"But we always go for our evening strolls exactly at this time!", the warbled figure in dark green responds.
"Then why did you run away?", my voice sounds pathetic as I step towards him, reaching for him,
"You can trust m-", but before I can finish he fades away...

I jolt awake and panic takes hold of me when I can't get up. Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I twist, ready to attack but suddenly, everything comes back.
"Woah! Just tryna help.", Clint puts his hands in a surrender position as I come back to reality.
"Sorry, weird dream...", I smile at him as he chuckles.
"Well, you woke up at the appropriate timing Miss Y/N, we seem to be right where Loki is located.", Thor announces our arrival to everyone as they unbuckle.
"Just Y/N!", I clarify for the hundredth time.
We quickly grab our weapons and split up, each taking one floor of the huge parking lot. I walk silently behind cars of various sizes trying to find any movement. A blur at the corner of my eye places me on high alert, quickly I point my gun towards it, leaving the safety on. Black beady eyes stare at me, attached to a small hairy body with a pink tail.
"Really Loki? You just had to pick a parking lot.", my eyes widen as my heart fills with hope. This could be one of his holograms. Wishing for gloves, I slowly reach out to the rough exterior of the animal. Silently cursing at Loki, I bring my hand to touch the rat, half expecting the feel of its body underneath my finger. Releasing a breath, I put my hand on my hips and look around for him, glad that I made contact with more air instead of the hair.
"Well, I couldn't make it easy for you could I?", his voice comes from behind me and I can feel the smirk on his face.

AN:
Thank you everyone for reading this story! This is the first one that I have posted on Wattpad so I hope you enjoy it. I will upload fairly quickly. Please vote and comment.