pt.1

The door slams behind Carla as she zooms out of the house. "See you later, baby girl!" Barry echos from the kitchen. "She's long gone honey," Cait chuckles. "Ronnie! Are you almost ready for school?" Caitlin calls out. "You're the fastest kid alive, you shouldn't be late for classes!" After the kids were all headed out for school, the two sigh for a second. "I guess we shouldn't be late for work either." Barry scoops Caitlin up in his arms, before racing them off to Star Labs.

"Welcome back! Almost thought you were gonna be late," Cisco bellowed. "Where's the rest of the team?" Barry asked. "Kamilla is at work with Iris, Ralph is out with Sue, Wally is dropping Harry off at school, all the kids are already at school, and Allergra just showed up." Caitlin nodded. "It's been pretty quiet around here since we defeated Grodd 2.0, lets just enjoy it."

A deep hum crackles through Star Labs. "Quiet? That would be too easy for you. Be prepared to feel my wrath. I am The Master." All of Star Labs goes pitch black, sending shivers down the trios back. "How is this happening..?" Allergra asks. "Someone's hacked into Star Lab's internal technology.. this is not good," Cisco mumbles. "Can we trace the signal?" Barry responded. "No, they took out the satellite." "This doesn't make any sense.. who is this?"

Hours later, the last bell rings and Ronnie and Carla race over to Star Labs, while Cynthia breaches herself and Quinn there. "What's going on?" Carla asks. "Well guys.. we have a new problem. He calls himself, The Master." Cisco replies. "Is he a meta?" "We aren't sure yet. He managed to hack into Star Labs, which is nearly impossible, only one person has ever been able to do it.. Kilgore. But he's long gone, Devoe died decades ago." "Interesting.." Ronnie mumbles. "Let's try to dig up anything we can on The Master." Cynthia finishes.

The security alarm begins to blare. "There's someone heading towards the Cortex!" Barry exclaims. Carla and Cait both transform into their icy egos, and the rest of the team suits up. A mans voice echos through the hallway and into the cortex. "Wow, we all are playing dress up now? You really think you can stop me. I want revenge and I will do anything it takes to get it." "Revenge for what?" Carla asks.

"Revenge for killing my father." The man shoots a beam of lasers out of his hands which are covered in futuristic tech. A mask covers his face, but after he shoots a few more beams of light, he hits a switch on his gauntlets. "One more step, and I'll vaporize her," he says, pointing his hands towards Carla. "Who even are you?" Cynthia asks. "I told you, I'm The Master. Soon, I'll be the master of Central City, then the world. I will do what my father couldn't, world domination." "Great, another psycho villain." Caitlin growls under her breath. "I wouldn't speak so soon, Frosty. My father took your powers once, I'll take them permanently." "Devoe?" She asks in response. "Figured it out so soon? Guess you should've noticed Marlize was pregnant when you let her run off into the world. How unfortunate. I look forward to our next meeting." He switched his gauntlets and filled the room with smoke, and by the time they cleared it he was gone.