ix. retribution [part. II]

chapter 9 - retribution[part

[part. II]

"Finn, you need to get out of here." Bellamy spoke, heading towards them from the opposite end of the hallway.

"Wait." Clarke stopped him. "Where would he even go?"

"The drop ship."

"No! You know that this is the safest place for him right now."

"It isn't anymore. They're beginning to turn on him." He replied frustratingly. "We can protect him at the drop ship until we figure this thing out. Grab your gear and meet at Raven's gate in five. She's already working on cutting the power to the fence."

"Okay." Finn finally spoke up. "But nobody's coming with me."

Bellamy paused from leading them down the hall, so that he could face him. "That isn't up for discussion."

"Guys, we are surrounded by grounders." Clarke reminded them both.

"We split up and take the low ground, we'll make it through. Meet at the drop ship."

"There he is!" A random man shouted from a few feet away, pointing at Finn. He had a small posse following him closely behind, as he approached the three. "You are gonna get us killed." He stated gruffly, before raising his pipe-like weapon in hopes of striking the boy. Fortunately, Bellamy was quick enough to use the end of his gun to hit the man, sending him down to the floor with a loud grunt.

"Anyone else!?" Bellamy threatened, glaring at the small crowd of residents.

When no one answered, Clarke turned to back to Finn. "Bellamy's right. We have to go. Now!"

Finn nodded, and allowed the blonde to drag him down the hallway with Bellamy entail, as they escaped the Ark Station.

________

A while later, Abby nervously stood in the open field, waiting, as Indra stepped off of her horse and slowly approached her.

"Why have you come, leader of the Sky People?" The warrior questioned her.

"To talk. Leader to Leader." She replied. "We've both seen too many of our people die."

Indra furrowed her eyebrows and approached the chancellor, where she quickly grabbed her and aimed a blade at her throat, causing Abby to gasp. "You came to lie." She spat. "We have seen your killer in the forest. You ordered him to run, and then you came here to distract us."