𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍

─── 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 ───

─ UNKNOWN

     𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 people everyday, it's not uncommon. Wether you're walking down the street, or sitting in a movie theatre, either way, you see people. Everyday life circles around us, and yet, we barely pay any attention to it, as people pass by us, not giving us a second glance. It's how life moves, it's how life's always been. Or so it seemed for Victoria Evans.

     On the twelfth of October, at around 7:45 pm, there was a knock at the door. Just a single knock, not a pattern, not two, not three, just one. The kind of knock you hear in the movies, that usually means something terrible is going to happen. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it meant. Not many people knows what happened next, only bits and pieces have ever been discovered. It's nothing pretty, and it's no sight for sore eyes or the faint of heart.

     Blood is splatted across the walls, the once creme color now stained with blotches of crimson red. There's a body, right next to the couch, lying face down, brown hair flailing behind her as she lay lifeless. Her nails were torn slightly, indicating she fought back against her attacker, but it made no difference. 

     Her husband is found next, in the kitchen, with a knife in the back of his head. He was also lying face down, but this time their was no indication of him fighting back. They assumed he must have been killed first, and then the wife, in the most logical sense. It's an awful killing, the fifth to happen in the past three months, same modus operandi, or for short mo. 

     The next piece throws the agents off slightly as they come across an odd sight. The couple had two children, a twelve-year-old boy and a four-year-old girl. The twelve-year-old was found dead in his bed, face down, lifeless just like the rest of them. It followed the previous murder, the children also dead was not something knew to the agents. But, when they found the little girl, she was still perfectly alive, unharmed, eyes wide, red tear stains on her face as she sat in the corner of the room, clutching a small stuffed bunny. 

     No one really knows why she wasn't killed, some say it was out of pity. They never really were able to profile the killer, as this one murder threw a wrench in their progress. Another peculiar finding was that the killings stopped after, almost as if the killer had been thrown off slightly, shaken up. They'd never know for sure, as their only possible witness was a four-year-old girl who wouldn't speak, at least not to them.

     They found it odd when they began to ask her questions, only for her to look off slightly, as if she was looking at someone else, who was telling her not to answer. Apparently that was the case, as she told them "Bianca" told her not to talk to strangers. They never figured out who this "Bianca" was, until they finally pulled the medical records on the young girl. Not even five months before the attack had she been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Somehow, the agents on the case believed that was what had saved her. They didn't know how, but somehow, her condition had saved her.