Chapter 1

My mind became foggy, I had no way to decipher and clear it out. I felt lost, insecure, doubtless to what just happened. I guess you can say it could happen to anyone, but not me, or so I thought. But let me trace back to a year ago, where everything was fine, no, let me reword it, perfect.

It began on my last year as a junior in college. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to be. I had doubts, anxiety, fear of what print I wanted to leave behind when I am gone. I know I am not the only one since it has happened to many who were once in my shoes. Therefore I decided to go the easy route, art. Sure I can paint, but is it really what they say to be my calling? Is this what I want to do for the rest of my life? What the heck, I decided to give it a go.

I live at the campus in a sorority house with only 8 other girls. At the beginning it was unreal for me since I have been very introverted and less of a social butterfly. I was more of a tennis type of gal rather than a cheerleader. But when they offered me to join this group I decided to give it a go. It is not like your typical sorority groups where there is a lot partying, alcohol, drugs, and sex, but mostly the opposite. Mine are more studious and serious about their future. Sure we go to parties and enjoy to the fullest but not too much as the movie Project X.

I barely signed in with them during my sophomore year and honestly it has been very good to me. My junior year was more of an anxiety phase since my college years are almost over and the door for me to finally open for the real world. This year has had its challenges, but I know it will soon come to its end, but everything changed when he appeared.

It was spring, and how could I tell? The aroma of that after shower rain from the day before, the gentle and sweet breeze, and bulbs beginning to sprout after a long winter sleep. I woke up late that day and I was late for a class. My calves were burning with fire as I was running. Had to pause for a second or two since it was on the other side of the main hall. All of this would not have happened it I was not watching my Korean dramas. I just cannot help it, the plot was at its climax and had to keep on going. It was a neverending rollercoaster ride of me not wanting to get down. This addiction of mine is going to be the end of mine, but I just love them.

As I was racing to the class, I bumped into one or two, but as they said three strikes and you are out, the third one caught me by surprise, and more worse my destiny to a pathway of roses along with its thorns. When I bumped with that person I was just going to apologize and keep on going, but strangely I do not know why at that moment I got super glued to the cement.

While touching my forehead and closing my eyes due to embarrassment, his aroma captivated me along with his profound and calming voice.
"Are you ok?" I opened my eyes and there he was, my beginning and my end. My limerance.